Japan Today
business

Nissan in U.S. warns owners of older vehicles not to drive them due to risk of exploding air bag inflators

3 Comments
By TOM KRISHER

The requested article has expired, and is no longer available. Any related articles, and user comments are shown below.

© Copyright 2024 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

©2024 GPlusMedia Inc.

3 Comments
Login to comment

Sounds familiar with that air bag inflators brand.

-3 ( +4 / -7 )

Horrific. The airbag's sole function is to protect life. Rather just remove it if it is a grenade.

1 ( +2 / -1 )

Bear in mind that Takata airbags have saved over 50,000 lives, at a cost of 35.

That's a 99.9% likelihood of one saving you vs a 0.1% chance of death.

Most surgical procedures have worse odds than that.

-3 ( +0 / -3 )

Login to leave a comment

Facebook users

Use your Facebook account to login or register with JapanToday. By doing so, you will also receive an email inviting you to receive our news alerts.

Facebook Connect

Login with your JapanToday account

User registration

Articles, Offers & Useful Resources

A mix of what's trending on our other sites