Paul McCartney has cancelled the remaining two concerts of his Japan tour due to an unspecified illness.
The 71-year-old English pop veteran had already cancelled a planned performance at the National Stadium last Saturday, the day after coming down with a virus. He then canceled a concert in Tokyo on Sunday as well as a concert rescheduled for Monday.
On Tuesday, promoters said McCartney's two remaining concerts at Tokyo’s Nippon Budokan hall on Wednesday and at Yanmar Nagai Stadium in Osaka on Saturday, had also been canceled.
A spokesperson for Paul McCartney said: "Paul McCartney will regrettably have to cancel the remaining Japanese shows. Paul is still not feeling better and this cancelation is unavoidable. He was hoping to be better but the doctors have ordered him complete rest. Paul has been extremely moved by the messages from his fans and is upset to be letting them down. All possibilities to find a solution to reschedule these shows as soon as possible are being explored."
McCartney also issued a statement saying, "I was really looking forward to playing in Japan again after we had such an amazing time here in November. So to cancel these shows as well as the National Stadium shows is hugely disappointing for me as well. I'd like to thank my Japanese fans for their love, messages of support and understanding. I hope to see you all again soon. Love, Paul"
McCartney flew into Tokyo after a short rest at home in London following a strenuous South American tour. He is scheduled to play in South Korea next week.© Japan Today