Learn how to rent an apartment in Japan and the main issues foreigners face when looking for housing in Japan with this webinar presented by GaijinPot/Real Estate Japan (GPlusMedia).
The seminar will be held live online from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday Aug 2 (JST).
In this seminar, we will cover the basics of how to rent an apartment and discuss some of the main issues foreigners face when looking for housing in Japan. Specific topics include:
- Rental apartment market in Japan
- Procedure for renting an apartment in Japan
- When should people start looking for an apartment ?
- When is the best time of the year to look for an apartment ?
- What is the difference between short-term and regular rental apartments?
- Why is it so hard for foreigners to rent an apartment in Japan?
- How much does it cost to rent an apartment ?
- What is key money?
- What is a guarantor company and why do people have to use one?
- Average price based on floor plans among 1R, 1K, 1DK, and 1LDK apartments
Q&A session will be held at the end of the online seminar
Make sure to take notes of questions you have during the seminar, as we will hold a Q&A session at the end. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions about the home buying process and get first-hand expert advice!
To get started browsing our listings, use these useful links:
Real Estate Japan regularly publishes articles on renting and living in Japan, covering a wide range of topics from featured properties in popular neighborhoods, how to save money on move-in costs, to practical tips and advice for setting up your apartment and your life in Japan! You can also check out our Area Guides to get in-depth info on dozens of Tokyo neighborhoods.
Here are a few of our most popular articles on renting an apartment in Japan:
- How to rent an apartment in Japan as a foreigner
- 1R, 1K, 1DK and 1LDK: What’s the difference and which should I rent?
- Looking for an apartment in Tokyo: Top 11 things first-time apartment hunters regret not asking
- Japanese Apartment Layouts: Japanese Apartment 101 Guides
- Top 20 places to live in Tokyo Ranked
- Upfront cost of renting an apartment in Japan
- Tokyo monthly furnished apartments
Please visit the Resources section to see all of our articles.
This seminar is designed for both foreign residents and foreigners currently outside Japan who are planning on moving here. Even if you’re currently outside Japan or live in Japan and don’t speak Japanese, we are able to help with your housing search!
Please note that the number of attendees will be limited to 50. Click on the link below to reserve a space.
GPlus Media Inc
Yasuhiro is in charge of business development within GPlusMedia and integrates GPlusMedia with Gakken Group to build up synergy and new services/products across different channels to make it global.
Shinichi Kawamura/ LINC Inc CEO
After years of managerial experiences at one of the world’s leading homebuilders in Japan, he received a MBA while working overseas. He specializes in providing consultation services in the real estate industry by partnering with professionals such as lawyers, accountants, architects, designers, and etc. to find optimal solutions for clients.
Host: Real Estate Japan
Date: Tuesday Aug 2, 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Location: This seminar will be held online and virtually hosted in Tokyo
To register for this seminar click on the link below.
- You will be taken to the registration form on GoToWebinar, our seminar platform partner site.
- After you complete online registration, you will receive a confirmation email from GoToWebinar.
- Click on the link in the registration email to join the seminar on the date and time of the event.
- If it is the first time you will be joining us on GoToWebinar, you will be asked to install the GoToWebinar software on your device. Installation takes about five minutes.
- Please note that the number of attendees is limited to 50 people. Once the registration limit has been reached, we aren’t able to add attendees to the list. We thank you for your understanding on this.
- The date and time shown in the confirmation email is the correct date and time for your time zone, as calculated using your computer’s IP address. There is no need to convert the time shown to your location.
- Our working days and hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm (Japan Standard Time), excluding Japanese national holidays. Unfortunately, we aren’t able to immediately respond to inquiries received outside of these hours.
- We aren’t able to provide a recording of the webinar. In case you’re unable to attend, please register for a following session. We usually hold webinars on the same topic at least once a month.
- External Link