We are always on the lookout for ways to make our food taste better, whether it’s the method of cooking, the way we prepare the food, or by adding new flavors to an already superb dish.
Kewpie Corporation, the organization behind some of the nation’s most well known condiments; Japanese Mayonnaise, Japanese tartar sauce and a range of different salad dressings for example, have donned their white coats and put their unique Deep Roasted Sesame Dressing underneath the microscope in their latest attempt to find out how we can improve the taste of one of the world’s favorite foods – chicken breast.
The results are mouth watering.
Though chicken is one the most preferred foods of choice when it comes to high protein content, it is also one of the most well known for ending up dry, stringy and chewy. There are a number of ways that you can attempt to keep the breast from being sucked bone dry during the cooking process, however they don’t always produce the tastiest outcomes, i.e soaking the chicken in brine before cooking.
By basting chicken breast in their sesame dressing before baking it in the oven, the researchers at Kewpie concluded that the meat was able to retain a soft, moist and tasty flavor – the perfect main for any dish.
Baked Sesame Dressing Chicken
Oil or butter for greasing a baking tray
Chicken breast, cut into strips with a width of 5mm
Sprinkle of sea salt
Kewpie Deep Roasted Sesame Dressing, enough to soak the chicken breast in
- Grease up a baking tray and preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Sprinkle the chicken with sea salt before soaking it in Kewpie Deep Roasted Sesame Dressing for 5 minutes
- When the oven is ready, place the chicken breast in the center of the greased tray and place on the top rack in the oven.
- Bake for 60 minutes
The above recipe is simply for preparing a moist and flavorful chicken breast that can be used in a variety of dishes.
Kewpie has created a website dedicated to a variety of recipes that can be made using their dressings, highlighted below is their recipe for Stir fried cabbage and chicken breast.
Stir fried cabbage and chicken breast (using Kewpie Deep Roasted Sesame Dressing)
Oil for greasing frying pan
Chicken Breast 250 g, cut into bite sized pieces
Chopped Cabbage 200 g
Grated Garlic 1 tsp
A pinch of Salt
A pinch of Pepper
Kewpie Deep Roasted Sesame Dressing 3 tbsp
- Place chicken in a bowl with Kewpie Deep Roasted Sesame Dressing and grated garlic. Leave to soak for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan
- Place the basted chicken into the frying pan and cook until it begins to brown. Flip the chicken over and repeat on the other side. Be careful not to burn the chicken.
- Add the chopped cabbage to the pan, cover with a lid and leave to steam.
- When the cabbage has tenderised, add salt and pepper to taste and stir fry for a further 2 - 3 minutes
- Serve on a plate or in a bowl with a garnish of chopped chives
For a Western-style dish, Kewpie recommends using their Deep Roasted Sesame Dressing at barbeques. Simply coat chicken in the dressing before grilling for a full of flavor bbq dish.
Kewpie has a website dedicated to simple, quick and tasty recipes that can be made using a variety of their condiments, check out the site here for some more ideas.
Read more stories from grape Japan.
- External Link