The rainy season has finally ended in almost all parts of Japan, and hot and humid weather is here to stay. Now, more than ever, visitors will want to cool down with refreshing drinks like Pocari Sweat, or some kind of iced treat such as traditional kakigori shaved ice.
Vigorously shaved for your entertainment
One exciting way you can enjoy shaved ice this summer is "Macho Ice," a special event going on for a limited time at several Marui Department Store locations in Tokyo and nearby prefectures.
Presented by performance group Macho Twenty-Nine, whose muscle-bound services can be rented out by the general public and who perform on various occasions ranging from Valentine's Day to meat-grilling festivals, Macho Ice is just what you imagine it might be.
To your enjoyment, as you look on, muscular hunks will vigorously turn the manual kakigori shaved ice machine to create beautiful icy mounds.
Then, biceps taught as they hold the syrup bottle in their firm grip, they'll energetically pour the syrup or topping of your choice and serve it to you.
Better eat it quickly or it will melt fast!
- Three flavors Macho Ice: 650 yen (excl. tax)
- Shirokuma Macho: 800 yen (excl. tax) (Shirokuma is a type of kakigori flavored with condensed milk, small colorful mochi, fruits, and sweet bean paste)
- Matcha Macho Ice: 800 yen (excl. tax)
- Nikugori (includes all flavors and protein shake): 2,900 yen (excl. tax)
- FGOK (One of the three Macho Ices of your choice, with a scoop of ice cream): 1,129 yen (excl. tax)
- Protein shake: 500 yen (excl. tax)
- In addition to shaved ice, Macho Twenty-Nine will also be selling goods (T-shirts, tank tops, CDs etc.)
When and where
- Omiya Marui 1F (Saitama Pref.): August 10th and 11th
- Shizuoka Marui 1F (Shizuoka Pref.): August 16th, 17th and 18th
- Soka Marui 1F (Saitama Pref.): August 24th and 25th
- Ueno Marui 1F (Tokyo): August 31st, September 1st
- 11:00 to 19:00
- May change according to Marui closures. May be cancelled in case of bad weather
For more details, follow Macho Twenty-Nine's Twitter account here.
Source: PR Times
Read more stories from grape Japan.
- External Link