Many of our readers may recall Harukiru (@02ESyRaez4VhR2l), a popular Japanese papercraft artist with over 370,000 followers on Twitter. Harukiru's astonishing creations fashioned entirely out of food cartons and packaging are so detailed and clever in their design that we have had reason to share them on grape Japan more than once. For example, his Pringles mascot figure which turned into an entire "boy band" based off different flavor packages, his knight fashioned out of a box of Chivas Regal, or his superhero made out of a box of Garigarikun popsicles are some of his creations which come to mind.
'A Dreamworld Made out of Snack Boxes - An Exhibition'
Fortunately for those who are visiting Tokyo in late October to early November, you'll have a chance to see Harukiru's astonishing creations up close and in person at a solo exhibition entitled "A Dreamworld Made out of Snack Boxes - An Exhibition" (「お菓子の箱でつくる夢の世界展」）at the Ikebukuro PARCO department store.
Here are some of the 30 works you'll be able to see at the exhibition.
- Name: 「お菓子の箱でつくる夢の世界展」
- Name (Eng. translation): "A Dreamworld Made out of Snack Boxes - An Exhibition"
- When: Oct 26 to Nov 11
- Where: Ikebukuro PARCO, Main Bldg. 7th Floor Museum
- Hours: 10:00 to 21:00, 18:00 on final day (last admission 30 min. to closing)
- Admission: H.S. and up: 800 yen, E.S. and Junior H.S.: 500 yen, Preschool: free
- Goods: Tote bags (2 designs), original clear folders (2 designs), post cards and Harukiru's papercraft how-to book
- Address: 東京都豊島区南池袋1-28-2 | 1-28-2 Minami-Ikebukuro, Toshima Ward, Tokyo
- Access: 1-minute walk from JR Ikebukuro Sta. East Exit
Meet the Artist
Harukiru will come to the exhibition between 1 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Oct 26, 27, Nov-4 and Nov 9-11. Visitors who purchase his book or 2,000 yen worth of goods will receive an autograph from the artist.
Source: PR Times
Read more stories from grape Japan.
- External Link