In consideration of the global impact of COVID-19, Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ) is now making special arrangements for summer semester-only visiting students to accommodate students (Japanese or otherwise) returning from overseas.
As an American university in Tokyo, TUJ is extending its summer program to students who may have had to return but would like to continue their studies in Japan. Summer-only 2020 applications will be accepted until Wednesday, April 22. Classes for the upcoming summer semester (May 25 through July 29) are currently scheduled to be held in classrooms, however depending on the situation, plans may change and classes may be held online, as spring semester classes are.
More detailed information is available (“2020 Summer-only Visiting Students“). Applications for summer-only have been opened to students returning to Japan who are currently enrolled at college/university outside Japan. They may apply to TUJ directly as a visiting student (non-degree seeking) for summer semester 2020 (May 25 – July 29). The New Student Orientation starts from May 14. Visa sponsorship is not available for summer-only students.
Eligibility requirements to apply as a 2020 Summer-only Visiting Students (non-degree seeker):
- Must have Japanese citizenship (or a valid visa to live in Japan permanently).
- Must be enrolled in a college/university outside of Japan
- Meet all other TUJ eligibility requirements
- Submit the Online Application:
- Under “type of admission,” select “summer-only”
- In the “personal statement” section, submit #4: a list of courses you wish to take at TUJ (see “application requirements”). You do not have to submit a personal statement.
- Submit all other application required documents
All required documents must be received by 5 p.m. Japan Standard Time.
For more information, refer to 2020 Summer-only Visiting Students.© Temple University, Japan Campus