Go green or go bipartisan? Biden's big infrastructure choice


The requested article has expired, and is no longer available. Any related articles, and user comments are shown below.

© Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

©2022 GPlusMedia Inc.

Login to comment

yeah, this wont add up to intense levels of fraud. Free money without any measurable metrics, expectations, or accountability all complimentary from the US taxpayer.

-3 ( +1 / -4 )

Biden rejects that approach because he refuses to raise taxes on anyone making less than $400,000 a year. 

An important detail. By US tax payer you of course mean less than 2% of US tax payers, those who are already rich. The other 98% who have real day to day financial problems needn’t be used to stoke anger at this.

0 ( +1 / -1 )

Stuff bipartisan. The past two decades have shown that the Republicans won't work with anyone else except cults and white extremists. Mitch McConnell needs to retire. The Democrats just need to do what they have to. If the shoe were on the other foot, the Republicans would have made USA into an ultra-Christian caliphate straight out of the Handmaid's Tale universe.

1 ( +2 / -1 )

Free money without any measurable metrics...

Just like Trump's and other Republican's tax cuts for the rich. What were the "metrics" then?

The government can give people money in two ways: either fiscal spending or tax cuts. It's the same thing at the end of the day. The question is, who deserves financial help? low and mid-income earners, or billionaires?

-1 ( +0 / -1 )

Login to leave a comment

Facebook users

Use your Facebook account to login or register with JapanToday. By doing so, you will also receive an email inviting you to receive our news alerts.

Facebook Connect

Login with your JapanToday account

User registration

Articles, Offers & Useful Resources

A mix of what's trending on our other sites