All Nippon Airways (ANA) has been recognized this year with a total of three prestigious awards and repeat recognition from SKYTRAX World Airline Awards, including World's Best Airline Cabin Cleanliness, World's Best Airport Service and Best Airline Staff Service in Asia. SKYTRAX is recognized as the leading international air transport rating organization.
"At ANA we are consistently looking for new ways to improve our performance to efficiently serve the needs of our passengers and customers and the awards received from the SKYTRAX award is a proud representation of our mission," said Junko Yazawa, senior vice president at ANA overseeing Customer Experience Management & Planning. "We are proud to not only receive these awards but receive repeat recognition and use this as motivation to continue finding ways to improve our loyal passengers experience."
World's Best Airline Cabin Cleanliness (4-time recipient)
This award is given to the airline with the highest rating for hygiene and cleanliness of its aircraft cabins and its the fourth time ANA has received this award. Through its ANA Care Promise program, the airline was recognized for its cleanliness procedures that include:
• ANA Flight attendants wearing masks and distributing disinfectant wipes, masks upon request, providing hygienic in-flight service.
• Thoroughly ventilating the aircraft cabins and conduct periodic disinfection of the cabin.
• Lavatory doors with special handles that allow passengers to exit the lavatory using their elbows introduced on an increasing number of aircraft.
World's Best Airport Services (9-time recipient)
This award is presented to the airline with the highest evaluation score in overall airport services and is the ninth time that ANA has received this award. Recent milestones include:
• ANA opened its new "Ana Lounge" at Satellite 2 at Narita Airport, featuring a special design with directions from the world-famous architect Kengo Kuma.
• The ANA Suite Lounge at Haneda Airport and Narita Airport for International Flights offers the "Suite Dining," a new set meal service that provides different meals depending on the time of day, and a "meal order system" that allows customers to order meals from their seats using their own smartphones or other devices.
• ANA developed its "ANA Smart Travel," a new service model that combines in-person and digitized services to provide a smooth travel experience for all customers.
Best Airline Staff Service in Asia (7-time recipient):
This award is given to airlines based in Asia that provide the best quality of service to passengers through its airport staff and cabin crew and this is the seventh time that ANA has received this award.
• ANA conducts training in order for staff to be able to interact with customers in an appropriate manner at check-in counters and lounges, and to accurately understand and respond to requests from customers.
• ANA hosts customer skill contests at airports in Japan and overseas that allow staff to hone their customer service skills and hospitality.© Japan Today