Central Japan Railway Company (JR Central) and West Japan Railway Company (JR West) have released a new free smartphone app, the Tokaido Sanyo Shinkansen Reservation App, through which users may purchase tickets for the Tokaido Sanyo bullet train line, Japan’s main artery connecting Tokyo, Mt Fuji, Nagoya, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima, Hakata and other destinations.
The app can be downloaded at https://smart-ex.jp/en/lp/app/
For travelers and businesspeople visiting Japan, the shinkansen offers high speed and convenience. Trains run frequently and on time. Seating is readily available, and travel is comfortable, safe and enjoyable. The shinkansen is an efficient and reliable choice for long distances as well as short day trips.
Of course, shinkansen tickets may be purchased at station ticket offices in Japan. But this new app makes it easy and simple to book and buy tickets from countries outside Japan. Moreover, you may change your booking as many times as you like without any additional charge. This app is a must-have for anyone doing business or traveling in Japan.
*Service available in English.
- Book seats and purchase tickets
Beginning one month prior to departure
- Both inside and outside Japan
- Change reservations
As many times as you like
- Up to four minutes before departure
- Receive tickets
- Use the credit card that you paid with to collect your tickets easily and quickly at ticket machines at Tokaido Sanyo Shinkansen stations.
- No train restrictions
- Tickets may be booked and purchased for all Tokaido Sanyo line trains, including the fastest Nozomi, with up to 10 departures per hour during peak
Countries and regions:
The app service is provided in the United States, Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong (as of November 2017).
Download URLs (free to download and use)
Visa, Mastercard, JCB, American Express and Diners Club cards are accepted.© 2001-2017 by Kyodo News PR Wire All Rights Reserved