Police said Tuesday that nine students at the Otaru University of Commerce in Hokkaido were taken to hospital with suspected alcohol poisoning on Monday.
According to the university, a group consisting of around 60 men and women associated with the university's American Football Club, were attending a barbecue from around 3 p.m. leading up to the incident. NTV reported that emergency services received several calls reporting that students had collapsed following an extended period of alcohol consumption. The group included students from first to fourth years.
Doctors say that one freshman is unconscious in a state of cardiopulmonary arrest and another has yet to regain consciousness, NTV reported.© Japan Today