Another two lives were claimed in the long line of hydrogen sulfide gas suicides that began to erupt earlier this year, this time a 13-year-old boy and his father, who was attempting to rescue the boy, police said Saturday. Police said they received a call from a woman at around 5:30 a.m. on Friday reporting that her son had collapsed. Emergency crews rushed to the scene and found the boy and his father, 46, unconscious in the home.
According to police reports, the boy had awoken that morning and said he was going to take a shower. After some time when the boy didn't come out, his father then went into the bathroom and found a note on the shower door saying "Hydrogen Sulfide Gas In Use." When he opened the door to rescue his son, he also fell unconscious, according to his wife.
Emergency crews said the pair were dead by the time they arrived. In the shower was a bucket containing chemicals to create the gas and a note written by the boy declaring, "I'm too tired to go on living."© News reports