Sixty-four people suffered food poisoning after eating at a banquet at the Capital Hotel Tokyu in Tokyo's Chiyoda Ward this month. Health officials said the norovirus had been detected in 28 victims.
NTV reported Tuesday that the 64 people, aged 22-63, reported symptoms of vomiting and diarrhea after attending a banquet on April 19. Of those, the norovirus was detected in 28 persons.
Hotel officials believe the outbreak may have been caused by an employee in charge of food preparation.
Food service from the two hotel restaurants that supplied food for the banquet have been suspended for four days (April 28-May 1), officials said.© Japan Today