One woman was treated for burns and another for smoke inhalation on Sunday night after a fire broke out at a Halloween party in Sapporo.
According to NTV, the fire broke out in a third-floor restaurant in the city's Chuo Ward at around 9 p.m. at which a costume party was taking place. Police were quoted as saying that a woman in her 40s sustained extensive burns to her upper and lower body and was rushed to hospital.
Police believe the blaze was caused by the candle that touched the woman's costume, after which the flames soon spread to the rest of her costume.
About 100 people were at the party, many in zombie costumes, NTV said.© Japan Today