picture of the day

Helping hand

12 Comments

A girl places her father's vote into a ballot box at a polling station in Tokyo on Sunday.

© Japan Today

©2021 GPlusMedia Inc.

12 Comments
Login to comment

kawaii

1 ( +2 / -1 )

Are children allowed to do this in the States?

1 ( +2 / -1 )

Ballot tampering!

1 ( +2 / -1 )

Maybe dad wants her to grow up to be politicaly aware.

I guess. Trying to do something about the 73% who aren't.

1 ( +1 / -0 )

@crazy joe - absolutely not.

0 ( +1 / -1 )

@sillygirl

Thanks.

0 ( +0 / -0 )

Erai little girl!

I just saw on NHK News 7 that as of 4pm the voter turnout rate was a miserable 27%. I guess the remaining 73% are going to vote between 4pm and 8pm...

0 ( +0 / -0 )

I think she's an adorable little girl. Maybe dad wants her to grow up to be politicaly aware.

0 ( +0 / -0 )

The ability to vote in one's own country is a luxury that many shouldn't ignore. I remember watching some Japanese program that had a saying to the effect of, "We may be voting for nothing but crap politicians, but at least we can choose what kind of crap we get..."

0 ( +0 / -0 )

Cute little girl, but

I agree- ballot tampering! Maybe Daddy wants her to grow up to be politically corrupt! She is obviously participating for the Ben & Jerry's bribe of free ice cream!

0 ( +1 / -1 )

Didn't you see the article and thread about Ben and Jerry's giving away free ice cream if you voted??? Politically corrupt= taking the B&J's ice cream bribe!!

So, no, I'm not insulting the Dad. Yes, it was a joke!! Yes she's cute and I said so yo. But yes I am criticizing the J voting system, because, no, other ppl shouldn't touch your ballot, I feel. But I did it in a cute way thru B & J's because she is so cute!! Take a chill pill mate.

0 ( +0 / -0 )

Maybe Daddy wants her to grow up to be politically corrupt! She is obviously participating for the Ben & Jerry's bribe of free ice cream!

Even if you are probably joking, I don't think you should insult that dad like that. It's only a cute pic about a dad and his daughter, give a break!

-1 ( +0 / -1 )

Login to leave a comment

Facebook users

Use your Facebook account to login or register with JapanToday. By doing so, you will also receive an email inviting you to receive our news alerts.

Facebook Connect

Login with your JapanToday account

User registration

Articles, Offers & Useful Resources

A mix of what's trending on our other sites