Photo: AP/Shuji Kajiyama
picture of the day

Social distancing fans

9 Comments

Fans sit socially distanced ahead of the start of the World Cup 2022 group B qualifying soccer match between Australia and Japan at Saitama Stadium in Saitama on Tuesday night. Japan won the game 2-1. See story here.

© AP

©2021 GPlusMedia Inc.

9 Comments
Login to comment

Meanwhile the non vaxxed Australian players, coaches etc, skip quarantine and don't wear masks??

0 ( +3 / -3 )

For a difference in perspective, show a picture of a football game in the U.S. Up to 100,000 fans, shoulder to shoulder, most with no masks. COVID cases have been plummeting for the past two months.

Who's following the science?

-1 ( +4 / -5 )

COVID cases have been plummeting for the past two months.

The US had their second largest wave of the pandemic peaking on September 13.

1 ( +4 / -3 )

Either you get it or not get it! Even those I know who have been super careful had caught the virus! Just live with it! Yes, if it doesn't harm you to be extra cautious, then by all means DO IT! But that should not prevent us, the living ones, from LIVING our lives!

-3 ( +1 / -4 )

COVID cases have been plummeting for the past two months.

You might wanna look up the word "plummeting" in the dictionary.

1 ( +1 / -0 )

6% of U.S. COVID deaths are "from" COVID according to the CDC. The rest "had" COVID or were "presumed" to have COVID when they died. Figure has been greatly exaggerated by hospitals to increase profits and by politicians to promote fear.

Xamurai is right- if you're at risk, take precautions. If going to a crowded event is risky, stay home. But it is senseless to have restrictions on everyone else.

0 ( +1 / -1 )

Now show a picture of the que for the entrance line no social distancing there was there.

1 ( +2 / -1 )

@Happy Day

Sorry you are a victim of Fake news Spreading

The original post from "Mel Q” was copied from someone else's Facebook post, which claimed that the CDC had "quietly" updated its numbers "to admit that only 6%" of people listed as coronavirus deaths "actually died from Covid," since "the other 94% had 2-3 other serious illnesses." It was later taken down by Twitter for violating rules of the platform.

While it’s true that in 6% of COVID-19-related deaths, COVID-19 was the only diagnosis listed on the death certificate, that’s only part of the picture.

0 ( +0 / -0 )

They FINALLY learned how to somewhat space people out? Kind of...........

I remember last year when there was a Japanese Pro Baseball game, and they showed pictures of the crowd.

All of the upper deck was closed off, and most sections in outfield.

All they did was consolidate that minimal fans into one area, tightly packed.

Basically contradicting the purpose of the capacity cap.

0 ( +0 / -0 )

Login to leave a comment

Facebook users

Use your Facebook account to login or register with JapanToday. By doing so, you will also receive an email inviting you to receive our news alerts.

Facebook Connect

Login with your JapanToday account

User registration

Articles, Offers & Useful Resources

A mix of what's trending on our other sites