Tokyo-based system developers Component Design has released its free high-fidelity music playback software Hysolid. The program allows any Windows PC hooked up to a Digital Analogue Converter (DAC) to become a network player. You can even control the software with the dedicated smartphone app.
HYSOLID is a player software that enables you to play music without signing in to Windows. It was developed with high-quality sound in mind. Its playback engine was designed to meticulously reduce the noise from the data source, and the noise generated from operations. And it provides a more natural way to listen to your music.
HYSOLID is now available for free of charge. It is compatible with high-resolution audio DSD 11.2, with PCM (WAV, FLAC)’s 44.1Khz-384Khz, and DSD (DSF)’s 2.8MHz - 11.2MHz.
- A USB DAC may be necessary.
It's easy to set up Hysolid. You don’t need any special knowledge.
1) Compatible with ASIO and WASAPI This software enables bit-perfect playbacks by being compatible with both ASIO and WASAPI (exclusive mode). DSD plays in ASIO native method with ASIO, and in DoP method with WASAPI. *ASIO is a registered trademark and software of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH.
2) Artworks are displayed when WAV is played Place artwork image files in the same folder of your music file, and the artworks will be displayed on the smartphone screen, when you are playing music. It also works with FLAC and DSD, displaying the artwork in priority.
3) Displays DAC operation mode You can check the features of the sound source in play and the DAC’s operation mode (sampling rate and bit depth). It also indicates by markings whether it is bit-perfect or not.
4) Gaps in playback eliminated This software eliminates pauses that arise from the DAC 1-second gap system, ensuring nothing is cut off. So, the sound quality can be as high as possible.
5) Shuffle mode and playlist mode You'll never hear the same song twice with the in-built shuffle function, as well as a playlist mode to mix your favorite songs and albums.
Supported OS - PC: Windows 7-10 Smartphone: iOS 8+, Android 4+ (upcoming)
For more information on Hysolid, visit http://www.hysolid.com© ValuePress