world

7 burned to death in South Africa township 'mob' attack: police

23 Comments

The requested article has expired, and is no longer available. Any related articles, and user comments are shown below.

© 2023 AFP

©2024 GPlusMedia Inc.

23 Comments
Login to comment

Of course it cannot work there. Formerly they were kept in check, not so nice, ok, but nowadays, have you ever seen a chessboard match without any white figures? That's simply impossible.

0 ( +2 / -2 )

It will take more than 30 years to remove the stench of apartheid after 46 years of its brutal rule. Under British rule for 155 years.

2 ( +2 / -0 )

It will take more than 30 years to remove the stench of apartheid after 46 years of its brutal rule. Under British rule for 155 years.

The ANC and their cohorts completely destroyed a once great nation, it’s never coming back.

-4 ( +0 / -4 )

bass4funk

It will take more than 30 years to remove the stench of apartheid after 46 years of its brutal rule. Under British rule for 155 years.

The ANC and their cohorts completely destroyed a once great nation, it’s never coming back.

An apartheid supporter. Why should I be surprised?

2 ( +3 / -1 )

An apartheid supporter.

No

Why should I be surprised?

I’m not surprised that you would make a statement like that.

-4 ( +0 / -4 )

bass4funk

An apartheid supporter.

> No

> Why should I be surprised?

> I’m not surprised that you would make a statement like that.

Your claim

"The ANC and their cohorts completely destroyed a once great nation, it’s never coming back."

means you consider apartheid to have been a great nation. You can't have one without the other.

4 ( +4 / -0 )

means you consider apartheid to have been a great nation.

No, I never said nor implied that

You can't have one without the other.

According to whom, because you say so?

-4 ( +0 / -4 )

bass4funk

means you consider apartheid to have been a great nation.

> No, I never said nor implied that

> You can't have one without the other.

> According to whom, because you say so?

On logic.

You claimed the once white-dominated nation was great. It was also a white nation built on apartheid. So you couldn't have one without the other.

The destiny of the nation is now in the hands of the majority of the people.

4 ( +4 / -0 )

You claimed the once white-dominated nation was great.

If you take away apartheid and just look at society as a whole at how it was, it was better, the rule of law prevailed, so yes, it was a better society, a well and functioning society

It was also a white nation built on apartheid. So you couldn't have one without the other.

We know that, no need to play the encyclopedia boss again, anyway, the point is we all know what apartheid was, but look at South Africa now, is it functioning with the murder rate, what is the rape rate in that country has a country so far after a apartheid not good that’s for sure.

The destiny of the nation is now in the hands of the majority of the people.

And it’s a dark and bad one.

-4 ( +0 / -4 )

bass4funk

you cannot separate the white-dominated nation from the apartheid it was built on.

The rule of law prevailed because the whites brutally punished the blacks. They even shot young children and teenagers who dared to demonstrate.

Your white revisionism is not the accepted truth.

More blacks died under apartheid than now under black rule. 46 years of oppression.

And it’s a dark and bad one.

Is that a racist comment?

3 ( +3 / -0 )

you cannot separate the white-dominated nation from the apartheid it was built on.

Yes, you absolutely can because blacks have now governed the country since Apartheid ended, you can keep making excuses all you want, but that’s on them

The rule of law prevailed…..

Wait, before you go on, I already know the history.

Your white revisionism is not the accepted truth.

No, the truth is, the blacks have not done a good job at running the country, that’s a fact, nothing racist in pointing that.

More blacks died under apartheid than now under black rule. 46 years of oppression.

https://youtu.be/FrA9S8RFC20?si=buFlnREDMskg1NHv

https://youtu.be/XA47J4442mU?si=2gAjBaK6G8wcw6go

Ok, so as in typical liberal fashion forget the deaths of whites and the rapes and other blacks.

Is that a racist comment?

If you want to make everything a racial issue, that’s on you.

-3 ( +0 / -3 )

'Apartheid and Jim Crow are really no different': Why George Floyd's death reverberated in Africa

https://abcnews.go.com/International/apartheid-jim-crow-george-floyds-death-reverberated-africa/story?id=71556630

2 ( +2 / -0 )

Yes, you absolutely can because blacks have now governed the country since Apartheid ended, you can keep making excuses all you want, but that’s on them

Apartheid no longer exists but it did when you claimed the once great white nation. In that era, apartheid could not be separated. Apartheid was racist.

It will take more than 3 decades for the country to recover from apartheid.

2 ( +2 / -0 )

The successes and failures of the country are now on the majority people.

2 ( +2 / -0 )

'Apartheid and Jim Crow are really no different':

I agree

Apartheid no longer exists but it did when you claimed the once great white nation. In that era, apartheid could not be separated. Apartheid was racist.

Again, SA was a better run nation excluding Apartheid, that’s an indisputable fact.

It will take more than 3 decades for the country to recover from apartheid.

At this rate, probably never before if the people want to blame apartheid for their problems going forward, then SA is doomed. Take responsibility for your own actions and going after white farmers and taking their land or killing them is never the answer and won’t help that struggling nation.

The successes and failures of the country are now on the majority people.

Yes, and sadly, they’re failing at it.

-2 ( +0 / -2 )

bass4funk

Apartheid no longer exists but it did when you claimed the once great white nation. In that era, apartheid could not be separated. Apartheid was racist.

> Again, SA was a better run nation excluding Apartheid, that’s an indisputable fact.

All the majority black nations, some of the anti-apartheid white supporters, and millions of people in other countries would disagree 100% with you. The white success was built on the backs of the black minority. The success of the nation was only for the whites.

It will take more than 3 decades for the country to recover from apartheid.

At this rate, probably never before if the people want to blame apartheid for their problems going forward, then SA is doomed. Take responsibility for your own actions and going after white farmers and taking their land or killing them is never the answer and won’t help that struggling nation.

It will take decades for a new nation. How long it it take the USA after British rule and civil wars?

The successes and failures of the country are now on the majority people.

> Yes, and sadly, they’re failing at it.

It's theirs to fail.

2 ( +2 / -0 )

All the majority black nations, some of the anti-apartheid white supporters, and millions of people in other countries would disagree 100% with you.

I don’t care, the official body count doesn’t lie.

The white success was built on the backs of the black minority.

Ok, I said that gives the black reasons to take the rights of the whites away??

The success of the nation was only for the whites.

Now it’s not even for the blacks, but for the corrupt elite.

It will take more than 3 decades for the country to recover from apartheid.

At this point, I doubt that will ever happen

It will take decades for a new nation. How long it it take the USA after British rule and civil wars?

Completely different nations, different cultures, different scenarios how is Haiti or Somalia?

It's theirs to fail.

Yup!

-3 ( +0 / -3 )

Many white farmers obtained their lands by stealing the land of the blacks. The same happened in Rhodesia. The whites didn't want to share the land so it was taken from them.

2 ( +2 / -0 )

wallaceToday 03:22 pm JST

Many white farmers obtained their lands by stealing the land of the blacks. The same happened in Rhodesia. The whites didn't want to share the land so it was taken from them.

Two wrongs don't make a right. If the original thieves are dead, it can be just as bad to leave the current owners destitute.

-2 ( +0 / -2 )

Many white farmers obtained their lands by stealing the land of the blacks.

I’m sorry, but what does it have to do with the hundreds of farmers to have been killed over the last 10 years? And still. But yes, two wrongs don’t make a right.

-3 ( +0 / -3 )

Only 5-10% of farmers are blacks.

1 ( +2 / -1 )

Anarchy is no fun except for psychopaths.

-1 ( +0 / -1 )

Login to leave a comment

Facebook users

Use your Facebook account to login or register with JapanToday. By doing so, you will also receive an email inviting you to receive our news alerts.

Facebook Connect

Login with your JapanToday account

User registration

Articles, Offers & Useful Resources

A mix of what's trending on our other sites