world

China passes law to reduce pressure on children from homework

7 Comments

The requested article has expired, and is no longer available. Any related articles, and user comments are shown below.

© 2021 AFP

©2021 GPlusMedia Inc.

7 Comments
Login to comment

To enforce all these new rules, China will need 25% of their citizens paid to watch the other 75%.

-3 ( +0 / -3 )

Totalitarian regimes don’t need to pay part of their population to spy on the rest. They just need to indoctrinate them.

-2 ( +1 / -3 )

Some of this sounds sensible to me. Private cram schools and tutoring companies create a market for human futures, profit from it, and in the process destroy many a kid's childhood.

3 ( +3 / -0 )

Personally, I think the forced teaching of "The Thoughts of Xi Jing Ping" in the schools is very harmful to the development of China's youth.

-2 ( +2 / -4 )

Now they have more time to learn state doctrine…

1 ( +1 / -0 )

Some of this sounds sensible to me. Private cram schools and tutoring companies create a market for human futures, profit from it, and in the process destroy many a kid's childhood.

But should the State be setting those rules? They are private schools. The parents should be in charge of the training for their kids.

0 ( +0 / -0 )

Now they have more time to learn state doctrine…

Exactly. That’s one reason, maybe the most important one, a prerequisite to enforce the brainwashing for the later goals. Very probable others are for example, not to exhaust the youth too much, so that they give more births later, or that they all are psychologically and physically fit to serve in the party apparatus and of course the military. Details like limited computer or smartphone gaming for younger children or forbidding idols and boy groups they might put their energy, money and wishes in, are all also paving the same path and are indications for that development.

0 ( +1 / -1 )

Login to leave a comment

Facebook users

Use your Facebook account to login or register with JapanToday. By doing so, you will also receive an email inviting you to receive our news alerts.

Facebook Connect

Login with your JapanToday account

User registration

Articles, Offers & Useful Resources

A mix of what's trending on our other sites