Japan Today
world

Muslim leaders in U.S. are 'out of words' as they tire of White House outreach on war in Gaza

22 Comments
By CHRIS MEGERIAN and JOEY CAPPELLETTI

The requested article has expired, and is no longer available. Any related articles, and user comments are shown below.

© Copyright 2024 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

©2024 GPlusMedia Inc.

22 Comments

Comments have been disabled You can no longer respond to this thread.

My personal opinion is that Biden and many of his supporters really don't get that Gaza really could be the catalyst to hand Trump the White House. They think its an issue, but they don't see how dire the situation is.

I personally believe that if there isn't a REAL shift in policy over Gaza he will lose this election.

6 ( +10 / -4 )

I personally believe that if there isn't a REAL shift in policy over Gaza he will lose this election.

It's possible. I don't see these people shifting their vote to Trump on the matter however, as anyone who isn't already a Trump supporter is going to recognize he'd only screw it up worse than Biden is. So I could see Biden losing a segment of the vote for this reason, while not for the most part having the double whammy of those votes also going to Trump.

Looking at bigger picture however, I think that the abortion rights issue will bring many voters over to Biden, as the Republicans have already started enacting their Handmaid's Tale legislation against women's rights, and the loss of abortion rights hits closer to home than a war on the other side of the world for most Americans. I could see that offsetting lost votes to the Gaza/Israel issue, and then some.

-3 ( +4 / -7 )

Biden just wants their vote while he double crosses them.

Cynical politics from a cynical man.

4 ( +11 / -7 )

So I could see Biden losing a segment of the vote for this reason, while not for the most part having the double whammy of those votes also going to Trump.

I agree.

 I could see that offsetting lost votes to the Gaza/Israel issue, and then some.

that I am not sure of. the outrage is so far across the spectrum it could be a deciding issue.

Then again November is still a long time off and ALOT can happen at that time.

0 ( +4 / -4 )

Biden/Gaza vs Trump. How many will just sit out this election? This will probably hurt the Dems more than MAGA, because you can bet the cult will be out en masse; either voting or threatening poll workers and voters.

-1 ( +1 / -2 )

Muslim leaders in U.S. are 'out of words' as they tire of White House outreach on war in Gaza

Biden team working hard handing out brown bags to the Associated Press to publish this propaganda junk.

 "our democracy is on the line.”

Just amazing folks buy into this BS.

4 ( +6 / -2 )

Biden just wants their vote while he double crosses them.

Cynical politics from a cynical man.

A very crucial vote at that, not to mention he’s hemorrhaging Black and Hispanic votes as well. Which is another reason why Biden refuses to seal the border. Get in as many illegals as possible and register them as Democrats as quickly as possible.

-3 ( +3 / -6 )

bass4funk

Biden just wants their vote while he double crosses them.

> Cynical politics from a cynical man.

> A very crucial vote at that, not to mention he’s hemorrhaging Black and Hispanic votes as well. Which is another reason why Biden refuses to seal the border. Get in as many illegals as possible and register them as Democrats as quickly as possible.

So you would have Biden abandon Israel which you claim to support.

2 ( +4 / -2 )

So you would have Biden abandon Israel which you claim to support.

He pretty much already did.

-5 ( +2 / -7 )

bass4funk

So you would have Biden abandon Israel which you claim to support.

> He pretty much already did.

You can provide zero evidence for your claim. Biden this morning on TV said he and America would protect Israel. He has moved a carrier group into the Red Sea.

1 ( +5 / -4 )

You can provide zero evidence for your claim.

Yawwn….

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/us/comment/2024/01/03/joe-biden-israel-netanyahu-gaza-hamas-aid/

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2024/03/25/un-adopts-resolution-demanding-ceasefire-as-us-refuses-to-veto-n2636931

Biden this morning on TV said he and America would protect Israel.

Biden also said that the border is shut.

He has moved a carrier group into the Red Sea.

And owning a Glock doesn’t mean anything when someone shoots at you and you don’t use it.

-5 ( +2 / -7 )

bass4funk

You can provide zero evidence for your claim.

> Yawwn….

> https://www.telegraph.co.uk/us/comment/2024/01/03/joe-biden-israel-netanyahu-gaza-hamas-aid/

The US administration and many other countries disagree with some of the actions by Netanyahu in his bombing and shelling of Gaza. But that does not mean Biden has abandoned Israel. There isn't a single working hospital in Gaza.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2024/03/25/un-adopts-resolution-demanding-ceasefire-as-us-refuses-to-veto-n2636931

Calling for a ceasefire is not abandoning Israel. After six months of destruction, it is needed.

Biden this morning on TV said he and America would protect Israel.

> Biden also said that the border is shut.

The border issue has nothing to do with the Israel-Gaza situation.

He has moved a carrier group into the Red Sea.

> And owning a Glock doesn’t mean anything when someone shoots at you and you don’t use it.

How do you compare a single handgun with a carrier group? Are you ignoring the hazardous situation building up with a possible attack from Iran? When Trump was in office you wanted him to attack Iran.

3 ( +5 / -2 )

Biden trying to say just enough to mislead people to get the votes he needs.

4 ( +6 / -2 )

Biden switched to conditional support - conditional on not killing even more civilians than Putin is. Netanyahu bombed Iranians in response, forcing Biden to switch back to unconditional support. If Biden flinches, Netanyahu will widen the conflict. Netanyahu is playing Washington like a fiddle: The tail is still wagging the dog.

4 ( +5 / -1 )

The US administration and many other countries disagree with some of the actions by Netanyahu in his bombing and shelling of Gaza. But that does not mean Biden has abandoned Israel. There isn't a single working hospital in Gaza.

Yes, it does, and what I mean by that is, regarding the attacks on Jews throughout the nation on college campuses and other institutions Biden has not forcefully and vigorously unrepentantly condemned antisemitism, assaults, verbal and physical attacks on the Jewish communities/

https://jewishinsider.com/2024/04/is-biden-losing-his-voice-against-rising-antisemitism/

Calling for a ceasefire is not abandoning Israel. After six months of destruction, it is needed.

Again, he already did that.

The border issue has nothing to do with the Israel-Gaza situation.

It does when you talk about wanting us to believe Biden, and when it comes to trust and believing the man, that trust is just not there, he hasn't shown it, nor does he deserve any going by his history.

How do you compare a single handgun with a carrier group? Are you ignoring the hazardous situation building up with a possible attack from Iran?

We are pretty much already there.

When Trump was in office you wanted him to attack Iran.

No, I didn't unless he had to.

-1 ( +2 / -3 )

Hypocritically, Biden chides Bibi whilst signing off on sending Israel weapons of destruction to be used on Palestinians that cannot escape!

He is truly senile and dangerous…

3 ( +4 / -1 )

I sure hope Biden loses Michigan and Wisconsin and maybe even Minnesota over this in the elections.

landslide.

5 ( +7 / -2 )

Has the USA leaders ever heard of backing the wrong horse?

There are around 15 million Jews in the world ( some say 20 million but the 15 million number is known as "core Jews" those identifying as Jews above all else) of those Jews a majority support Israel (estimates between 60% and 80%). Half live in Israel!

Now the other side, 1.9 billion Muslims with many of the Muslim majority countries growing fast not just in numbers but in power financially, politically!

These Muslim populations may not all be hostile towards Israel (or the USA) but with total disregard by Israel and the USA in the killing of Palestinian civilians especially children ( viewed as Muslims in their eyes), all the USA and Israel are doing is creating a far larger base of hatred and the numbers don't make the future look very good!

I know the "Americans" will go on about the USA being the greatest, strongest, best country in history, blah blah blah.

But remember, Rome, Mongols, the Ottoman, the British Empire, etc..all claimed the same thing in their respective times and all ended up collapsing under the pressure of others as the opposition to their power and control grew.

0 ( +4 / -4 )

some Muslims warning they are unwilling to support Biden even it that risks returning Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee, to the White House

There was no 'Muslim ban' under Trump. That's a narrative built up by the other side.

There was a travel ban from certain countries, most of which were majority Muslim. Later on, North Korea was also added to the list, and North Korea might be a lot of things but it's not a Muslim country for sure.

There was no travel ban from 2 countries with the largest Muslim populations - Indonesia and Pakistan.

The Democrats captured the Muslim vote by playing on the fears of Muslims and now their hypocrisy is thoroughly exposed.

-1 ( +3 / -4 )

How many Jews are in the US? 7.5 million. How many Muslims are in the US? 3.5 million.

1 ( +2 / -1 )

By 2040, Muslims will replace Jews as the nation's second-largest religious group after Christians

Pew research, CNN, etc...

This was the research results in 2018.

Since then the increase has accelerated and now new preliminary data is showing that date may be even closer to 2030 or 2035 .

This sudden change in the predictions is due to a sharp decrease in the number of children Jewish people are having and geopolitical situations and economic development in the world's Muslim community, making it easier to immigrate to the USA under "investor" programs and business expansion and killed professionals (doctors, engineers, etc..)

All this coupled with higher than average birth rates compared to the rest of the USA population!

-2 ( +1 / -3 )

I sure hope Biden loses Michigan and Wisconsin and maybe even Minnesota over this in the elections.

landslide.

I am with you on that one.

1 ( +2 / -1 )

Articles, Offers & Useful Resources

A mix of what's trending on our other sites