world

Thousands of Haitian migrants converge on Texas border town

36 Comments
By ERIC GAY and ELLIOT SPAGAT

The requested article has expired, and is no longer available. Any related articles, and user comments are shown below.

© Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

©2021 GPlusMedia Inc.


36 Comments

Comments have been disabled You can no longer respond to this thread.

Stephen “Goebbels” Miller and his halfwit former boss do not like this. It will become an issue with which to bludgeon liberals. Because for Cult 45ers, cruelty is the point.

0 ( +4 / -4 )

Tragic.

0 ( +2 / -2 )

Stephen “Goebbels” Miller and his halfwit former boss do not like this. It will become an issue with which to bludgeon liberals. Because for Cult 45ers, cruelty is the point

No one in Texas likes this and how did Haitians get all the way down to Texas and why would the FAA block drones from the media showing the nation what this nation is doing. What does the administration have to hide (we already know) that they would block the nation to see how this administration doesn’t care one iota about the border or sovereignty of the US. One more nail in the coffin for this administration and for the Democrats holding on to the House.

-3 ( +4 / -7 )

A massive achievement to travel from Haiti to the Texas border.

-1 ( +2 / -3 )

A massive achievement to travel from Haiti to the Texas border.

Yeah, I wonder how that happened?

2 ( +5 / -3 )

Nobody in Texas likes this, which is why it’s happening in Texas.

-3 ( +3 / -6 )

zichiToday  07:55 am JST

A massive achievement to travel from Haiti to the Texas border.

Exactly. A lot of hard work that internet rich guys know nothing about.

-3 ( +3 / -6 )

Nobody in Texas likes this, which is why it’s happening in Texas.

That just made a lot of logical nonsense.

Exactly. A lot of hard work that internet rich guys know nothing about.

Not according to the people living there. Can’t wait until the Democrats are out of the House.

https://ussanews.com/News1/2021/09/15/dems-on-track-to-lose-big-in-2022-says-top-former-clinton-consultant/

Schoen wrote, “The marked decline in support for President Joe Biden and his administration nationally and in key swing states indicates that the Democratic Party could endure a blowout defeat in the 2022 midterm elections.”

“Moreover, Biden is in a significantly weaker position now than both of his most recent Democratic predecessors — Bill Clinton and Barack Obama — at this point in their presidencies, which suggests that Democrats could suffer even more substantial losses in 2022 than the party did in 1994 and 2010,” Schoen added.

1 ( +4 / -3 )

*irrelevant

-4 ( +0 / -4 )

These people are misinformed,their is no legal way for them to immigrate to America,beside their is not many Haitian,that live in Texas,most Haitian live in Florida

0 ( +1 / -1 )

Why would so many black people attempt to get into a country that’s irredeemably racist and white supremacist? I don’t get that. Anyway, I can see why Biden is the most popular president—ever! People all over the world love him. They line up by the thousands and travel miles upon miles to visit him.

0 ( +5 / -5 )

Why would so many black people attempt to get into a country that’s irredeemably racist and white supremacist?

Binary thinking is binary.

-3 ( +2 / -5 )

You mean like charter planes and buses that are taking these people and dropping them off at night and avoiding the media at all cost?

If they’re avoiding the media at any cost, how do you know about these night-time movements?

-2 ( +3 / -5 )

If they’re avoiding the media at any cost, how do you know about these night-time movements?

Uh, news reports?

-1 ( +3 / -4 )

bass4funkToday  08:38 am JST

> .

No, it’s just neither you nor any liberal can make sense or justify this humanitarian catastrophe, which doesn’t make any logical sense.

This is incorrect. Us liberals have explained many times why this happens.

Also, this is irrelevant to why this is happening in Texas.

> It’s extremely relevant because their actions is going to put them in the unemployment line. Nancy knows this, but some Democrats like this President doesn’t..again and that will lead to his parties demise.

You are now claiming to know what Pelosi thinks as a deflection from your irrelevant Biden bashing.

> Hard work? You mean like charter planes and buses that are taking these people and dropping them off at night and avoiding the media at all cost? Yeah, the Dems are pretty much done by next year.

Do you have any actual evidence that chartered planes and buses are dropping these people off in Texas?

-1 ( +4 / -5 )

Binary thinking is binary.

No. It’s not an issue of ones and zeros. Just a few weeks ago Biden said the biggest threat to America was domestic white supremacy. Don Lemon and various news pundits have said the same thing. So I’m confused. If the biggest threat to America is white males and white supremacy, why would a bunch of Haitians risk it all just to get into such a place?

0 ( +5 / -5 )

Biden said the biggest threat to America was domestic white supremacy.

Sir this is what the military is also saying. You may not have heard but these supremacists attacked the Capitol on Jan 6. It was quite disgraceful sir!

If the biggest threat to America is white males and white supremacy, why would a bunch of Haitians risk it all just to get into such a place?

I will ask them and let you know sir. However do you mean to say if the biggest threat was Al Qaeda, then it was fine for the Haitians to come to America?

-1 ( +3 / -4 )

Sir this is what the military is also saying.

So let me get this straight. The military, the president, and the nation’s leading talking heads all say white supremacy is the greatest threat to America. Yet…yet…yet a black person from an all black country can still have a better life by leaving their own country and moving to a country where whites are the majority and white supremacy is the national religion? That’s strange.

0 ( +3 / -3 )

Yet…yet…yet a black person from an all black country can still have a better life by leaving their own country and moving to a country where whites are the majority and white supremacy is the national religion? That’s strange.

Sir, you logic and reasoning are just out of this world.

I have a feeling that the Haitians are looking for jobs, food and better money and will probably end up getting exploited into working in places like certain resorts in Florida.

Also are you suggesting that instead of the Haitians people from more racially homogeneous countries should seek refuge in America.

-1 ( +3 / -4 )

Does America really look that wonderful in the eyes of foreigners?

I would like to know what the dream is.

0 ( +3 / -3 )

This is incorrect. Us liberals have explained many times why this happens.

I live in Texas. I know what they say, we don’t listen to them. They can preach in California and New York where they will believe whatever it is they say.

Also, this is irrelevant to why this is happening in Texas.

It’s relevant to everyone living in Texas. Wonder if the people in Austin would house these people?

You are now claiming to know what Pelosi thinks as a deflection from your irrelevant Biden bashing. 

Ive known Pelosi (not personally) all my life and she’s always been radically predictable then and she’s still even more radically predictable now and more than ever.

Do you have any actual evidence that chartered planes and buses are dropping these people off in Texas?

According to ICE and the CBP they do, but for some reason this administration won’t allow them to speak on it, why? Hmmmm….

0 ( +4 / -4 )

So let me get this straight. The military, the president, and the nation’s leading talking heads all say white supremacy is the greatest threat to America. Yet…yet…yet a black person from an all black country can still have a better life by leaving their own country and moving to a country where whites are the majority and white supremacy is the national religion? That’s strange.

Yeah, I picked up on that one as well and if white supremacy was such a real threat why is it that we don’t hear which group and which leadership or state or county and the leadership of these people. We knew that about the mob and other organized crime leaders, and yet, from these groups we know nothing other than they’re a threat with zero detailed specifics and when we ask this White House as usual we never get them, why?

-2 ( +3 / -5 )

bass4funkToday  09:49 am JST

> I live in Texas. I know what they say, we don’t listen to them. They can preach in California and New York where they will believe whatever it is they say.

Cool, this is completely irrelevant to

Also, where you live isn’t evidence of anything beyond where you live. It’s even less effective when you claim to live anywhere that provides a personal anecdote to use as evidence.

> It’s relevant to everyone living in Texas. Wonder if the people in Austin would house these people?

This is also irrelevant to the fact that liberals have repeatedly explained why this catastrophe is happening.

Ive known Pelosi (not personally) all my life and she’s always been radically predictable then and she’s still even more radically predictable now and more than ever.

So, you don’t actually know what Pelosi is thinking. Thanks.

> According to ICE and the CBP they do, but for some reason this administration won’t allow them to speak on it, why? Hmmmm….

You just can’t link to any evidence that charted planes and buses are dropping these people in Texas. No, you haven’t ever provided evidence of this before, so please don’t claim you have.

0 ( +4 / -4 )

bass4funkToday  09:53 am JST

> Yeah, I picked up on that one as well and if white supremacy was such a real threat why is it that we don’t hear which group and which leadership or state or county and the leadership of these people. We knew that about the mob and other organized crime leaders, and yet, from these groups we know nothing other than they’re a threat with zero detailed specifics and when we ask this White House as usual we never get them, why?

This is inaccurate. It’s very easy to find information regarding the right wing hate groups and their leaders.

https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map

0 ( +4 / -4 )

Cool, this is completely irrelevant to

Because you don’t live in Texas.

Also, where you live isn’t evidence of anything beyond where you live.

With the exception of Austin, yeah, it’s evident if it weren’t the liberals and O’Rourke wouldn’t work hard to get his FAA to pull the plug on flying drones to monitor yet, another screwup from this administration. Luckily Alex Jones, Tucker Carlson and a few others were able to overcome this attempted objection and block so now the American people once again get to see for themselves what a deteriorating catastrophe this has become.

This is also irrelevant to the fact that liberals have repeatedly explained why this catastrophe is happening.

They haven’t at least not for any logical reasons and this is why no one believes them.

So, you don’t actually know what Pelosi is thinking.

Personally, No. politically, yes.

You just can’t link to any evidence that charted planes and buses are dropping these people in Texas. No, you haven’t ever provided evidence of this before, so please don’t claim you have.

I always do, you and most liberals need to watch and read and listen to the people. This is why Texans are so adamant about liberals, they don’t want to hear the excuse and bloviating from the left. Once again, this helps the GOP next year.

https://youtu.be/7G_M45HpK-0

-2 ( +2 / -4 )

This is inaccurate. It’s very easy to find information regarding the right wing hate groups and their leaders

I take everything the Splc has with a grain of salt. Especially knowing their political agenda. You want to believe them, you go ahead, I don’t and would never. I would rather listen to a civil rights activist with no political driven agenda, and one that is calm, rational and just go by the facts. Robert Woodson is a man that I have a deep respect and admiration for.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2019/03/the-southern-poverty-law-center-is-everything-thats-wrong-with-liberalism

https://thespectator.info/2020/06/10/woodson-to-levin-institutional-racism-is-a-ruse-a-lie-to-deflect-attention/

-3 ( +2 / -5 )

And what did Biden do about this?

ban drones from taking footage of this to show the American people his failure at the border.

where is Kamala?

0 ( +5 / -5 )

I am sure all of these Covid-free people will all be vaxxed, masked and socially distanced upon entering. Right Joe?

1 ( +4 / -3 )

I want everyone from every county who is illegally entering America without approved documents to “go back where they came from” because that’s where they belong. There is no racial aspect to this.

does Japan just let anyone who wants to just come here and stay while providing jobs and money and housing?

1 ( +4 / -3 )

It’s not an issue of ones and zeros.

…he says, clearly not understanding what binary thinking is, which he then follows up with another binary question:

If the biggest threat to America is white males and white supremacy, why would a bunch of Haitians risk it all just to get into such a place?

-3 ( +2 / -5 )

I want everyone from every county who is illegally entering America without approved documents to “go back where they came from” because that’s where they belong. There is no racial aspect to this.

I was responding to Mr. Noidall, not to you. You have demonstrated very admirably your love of diversity and tolerance.

-3 ( +2 / -5 )

I am sure the appointed "Border Czar" will be right on top of this.

2 ( +3 / -1 )

You have demonstrated very admirably your love of diversity and tolerance.

It has nothing to do with diversity and tolerance. No one said to anyone in our state that these people are coming, when they release a child molester into the community, they inform the neighborhood, they didn't do it here and why would they bring these people mostly in the night and why not send these people to California, Oregon or Washington State? Do you think any of the Democrats in Washington would allow these people to live alongside them? Be honest and don't start with the race chatter, it's not about race.

1 ( +3 / -2 )

bass4funkToday  10:11 am JST

> Because you don’t live in Texas.

Where anyone lives is irrelevant to what others say. Keep digging in; it’s enjoyable to watch.

> With the exception of Austin, yeah, it’s evident if it weren’t the liberals and O’Rourke wouldn’t work hard to get his FAA to pull the plug on flying drones to monitor yet, another screwup from this administration. Luckily Alex Jones, Tucker Carlson and a few others were able to overcome this attempted objection and block so now the American people once again get to see for themselves what a deteriorating catastrophe this has become.

More irrelevance.

They haven’t at least not for any logical reasons and this is why no one believes them.

Waffling.

> > I always do, you and most liberals need to watch and read and listen to the people. This is why Texans are so adamant about liberals, they don’t want to hear the excuse and bloviating from the left. Once again, this helps the GOP next year.

https://youtu.be/7G_M45HpK-0

Hilarious!

I take everything the Splc has with a grain of salt.

You take anything that doesn’t confirm your biases with a grain of salt.

Especially knowing their political agenda. You want to believe them, you go ahead, I don’t and would never. I would rather listen to a civil rights activist with no political driven agenda, and one that is calm, rational and just go by the facts. Robert Woodson is a man that I have a deep respect and admiration for.

A civil rights activist with no political agenda is an oxymoron.

-4 ( +1 / -5 )

A massive achievement to travel from Haiti to the Texas border.

Especially since they traversed through Brazil and Peru first. They need to be blocked. No country shopping for asylum. Canadians, Cubans and Mexicans can apply. Everyone else coming through a land border should be refused.

200K this month. Biden is failing on immigration reform. How many years does his team need to study the situation before taking action?

And reuniting children traveling alone with their families ... needs to happen in the parent's country, not the US. If relatives legally are in the US, they can travel to the other country, formally adopt the children and bring them back, skipping most of the immigration junk at the border. If they cannot easily cross the border to get the kids ... why is that? Are they in the US legally?

3 ( +4 / -1 )

One wonders why these Haitians are trying to get into Texas....

Then we realize they're fleeing a failed state ruled by corrupt leaders who restrict their rights, where preventable disease is rampant, and where the electrical grid routinely fails....

They just want to go to someplace like home...

-1 ( +2 / -3 )

Articles, Offers & Useful Resources

A mix of what's trending on our other sites