world

Ukraine says 9 Russian warplanes destroyed in Crimea blasts

95 Comments
By SUSIE BLANN

The requested article has expired, and is no longer available. Any related articles, and user comments are shown below.

© Copyright 2022 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

©2022 GPlusMedia Inc.


95 Comments

Comments have been disabled You can no longer respond to this thread.

It must have been a dropped cigarette, otherwise what air defense doing?

15 ( +18 / -3 )

Russia's logistics system is exhausted. Can't replace systems and parts, transport overstretched...signs of the impending total collapse of Russian forces. Sanctions are working. Send UKR what it needs and maintain pressure on Kremlin. This could be over by the end of the year.

16 ( +24 / -8 )

Whatever it was.it is very satisfying to see that the Russians got another kick in the a..ss.

By the Ukranians or even by themselves.

Anyway I am waiting for the day the Ukrainians will use long range missiles and shoot directly into Russia.

Then the Russian insane mass murdering Mob and all their followers and supporters will finally see what they started and with whom.

15 ( +22 / -7 )

Ukrainian attack that would represent a significant escalation in the war. ???

How is this anything but a defensive measure? That base is used to kill Ukrainians. Break as much equipment there as possible and in all similar locations used to hold any military equipment used against Ukraine.

Protecting ones country from invaders isn't an escalation. It is common sense.

12 ( +18 / -6 )

Even in defeat there will be small victories. Nothing here that will change the outcome if the Ukrainian claims are true...a big if.

-19 ( +8 / -27 )

They certainly have storage issues with explosives!. First their flagship exploded and sunk due to ammunition accident. No Ukrainian involvement apparently. Now an airbase due to a careless smoker? Really are not to be trusted with anything bigger than a sparkler it would seem.

10 ( +16 / -6 )

Mr. K - How is that drive on Odessa going? lol

9 ( +15 / -6 )

Russia isn't worried about it

-16 ( +4 / -20 )

Russia isn't worried about it

The Russians leaving Crimea certainly are, as they should be. War is no fun when it comes to your doorstep.

9 ( +14 / -5 )

Thefu Ukraine cede these areas in the Minsk Agreement,come December Ukrainain agree to cease fire term ,that will be worst,would continue to endanger your family,if you could stop now and at least save some kind of roof over your head or be out in the cold come December,

-16 ( +4 / -20 )

Key parts of the Minsk Agreement:

Restoration of full control of the state border by the government of Ukraine.

Withdrawal of all foreign armed formations, military equipment and mercenaries.

Of course, Russia has denied having any military people there, so the lies continue. There is overwhelming proof that Russian soldiers were deployed. There is video, social network trails with hundreds of "selfies" by the Russian soldiers, and eye witness testimony from people living in the region. It isn't like those huge military trucks coming from Russia were driven by anyone other than Russian soldiers.

Plus, after all this proof was made public, Russia added rules preventing smartphones for Russian soldiers outside the country. https://www.newsweek.com/russia-military-soldiers-social-media-open-source-tracking-ukraine-syria-1331494 No military should allow deployed soldiers to post to social media. It is common sense for operational security, but it just seems odd that this law was enacted AFTER the Russians were caught lying, again, about involvement in places they claim to not be.

5 ( +11 / -6 )

There’s some good news.

Way to go, Ukraine!

10 ( +15 / -5 )

Even in defeat there will be small victories. 

Russia doesn’t do defeats. It has to be glorious victory at all times. Upon pain of imprisonment.

This will probably turn into an elaborate method of scrapping obsolete hardware.

Just like the failed attempt on Kyiv was a ‘feint’.

8 ( +11 / -3 )

I think if Ukraine had actually destroyed 9 warplanes in Crimea the Russian military response would be lethal.

I suspect BS !

-16 ( +3 / -19 )

I think if Ukraine had actually destroyed 9 warplanes in Crimea the Russian military response would be lethal.

Well, not from those warplanes anyway. Have you even seen the video footage of the strikes and the aftermath?

10 ( +13 / -3 )

Copium withdrawals are not a pretty sight.

7 ( +10 / -3 )

If I was in Kiev ,I would not be there tonight

-13 ( +2 / -15 )

@theFu, what is curious to me is that the vaunted new "secure" Russian communication system that became operational in late 2021 relies on existing cell phone networks to operate. That might be useful fighting someplace with a well established cell phone network but what happens when you are out in the boonies or your own combat ops have destroyed too many cell towers? That is why Russia forces in Ukraine have had to resort to using unencrypted walkie talkies to communicate. Even when the cellular system is intact it has proven easy to hack, leaving Russian comms exposed to compromise by their enemy.

9 ( +12 / -3 )

Ukraine says 9 Russian warplanes destroyed in Crimea blasts

Russia says that was just kids playing with firecrackers at the beach...

10 ( +13 / -3 )

If I was in Kiev ,I would not be there tonight

The Russians were going to bomb Ukrainian cities tonight regardless of whether or not this happened. They now just have fewer planes with which to do so.

13 ( +15 / -2 )

Ukraine makes a lot of claims then it does or says something completely different.

Example; around 24 hours ago Ukraine claimed that it was dealing major losses to Russia in the Artyomovsk city region only to suddenly retreat about 5 hours later in a chaotic way abandoning the hieghts above the city and retreating into the city to try and hold it.

This is what I have a problem with.

We get these claims by Ukraine and they more often than not cannot be verified buy our news and governments take them at face value then when Ukraine again retreats, well total silence as if it isn't happening again.

We don't report Russian unverified propaganda, so why are we constantly reporting unverified Ukrainian propaganda that like the Russian stuff more often than not ends up being false or a major exaggeration.

Remember Ukraine claims 40,000 Russians killed, and both USA and UK say 15,000 and that is just one of hundreds.

Now again I will be called names. And the stupid question of why I don't say anything about Russia disinformation,

Do I need to? Does anyone with a brain even read Russian news or claims? So why should I waste time pointing out what we all know, Russian provided information is unreliable at best full on lies in general.

So we understand that, but so many here like to cling to fantasies that Ukraine invents as facts and our MSM spreads.

-14 ( +5 / -19 )

Here is and example of facts not reported.

It seems a major problem Ukraine has is weapons.

But what is not pointed out is why!

Seems the USA provided weapons are to complicated for most recruits.

Parts and ammunition in short supply.

In one report asking for more help, it points out the a certain Howitzer provided needs nitrogen to function but it is in short supply as are people that know how to maintain these guns (I have no idea about weapons I was just listening to a CNN reporter on what was the latest request from Ukraine) so if what Ukraine itself is saying, the weapons are often out of service once the initial first few actions are done and the weapons stop working.

-14 ( +3 / -17 )

People are so ridiculous they believe only what they want to without actually paying attention !

-15 ( +6 / -21 )

Clippertysnot

If you don't need BS then there would be no need for you to respond.

Your like a fly on sheet.

Your only purpose in life egg on the face.

-17 ( +4 / -21 )

Kyo - you haven't seen any footage or pictures of the cigarette incident, have you?

8 ( +11 / -3 )

We keep being told it is Russian disinformation we need to look out for.

But a simple Google search that includes the words Ukraine, Russia, war or any combination.

Will return nearly all .au results with more pro Ukraine "news" sites so many the that CNN, BBC, ABC, etc... No longer pop up until one scrolls way way way down.

Now knowing all news services in Ukraine are now under Government control and are required to only report, officially approved information.

It would seem we should be as worried if not more about Ukrainian disinformation.

We all understand avoiding Russian news and propaganda. But it seems we should be doing the same with Ukraine.

Remember the 2 most corrupt countries in Europe Russia and Ukraine, remember they are internationally both ranked below the Philippines in corruption.

So like me or not the facts are we cannot trust anything Ukraine or Russia say.

-8 ( +8 / -16 )

AS - that casualty figure you so often cite is kinda old. Let me help you update your arguments:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c5027039/pentagon-estimates-russian-casualties-70-80k-ukraine-war#:~:text=2022%2D08%2D08T13%3A07,Ukraine%20began%20on%20February%2024.

1 ( +6 / -5 )

Ukraine needs to target the bridge from Crimea to Russia. Happy to see Ukraine striking back and many more would be good.

Russia, out of Ukraine now!

7 ( +12 / -5 )

UChosePoorly

Today 09:51 am JST

AS - that casualty figure you so often cite is kinda old. Let me help you update your arguments:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c5027039/pentagon-estimates-russian-casualties-70-80k-ukraine-war#:~:text=2022%2D08%2D08T13%3A07,Ukraine%20began%20on%20February%2024

You should read your own Link and my comment better.

80,000 casualties is not 80,000 killed, and you are a perfect example of seeing one thing and jumping to a conclusion.

Now go back and read, I wrote killed,

If you go look the USA government is saying 15,000 to 18,000 killed the UK is saying the same Ukraine is claiming 40,000 which would be a 2 to 1 ration in wounded and killed which no one with a brain believes.

Thank you for proving my point that people are so sure their feelings are facts they don't read the full facts and jump to the conclusion they want.

-10 ( +5 / -15 )

Perhaps the Putin admirers could help me understand how this works into the Russian strategy here.

Is having one of their air bases blown up a “goodwill gesture” by the Russians or does it fall under the category of “brilliant strategic feint”? Or is this something completely new?

Its so hard to keep track.

7 ( +12 / -5 )

Ukraine needs to target the bridge from Crimea to Russia.

Not confirmed yet, but someone may have dropped a cigarette on the Chonhar bridge linking Melitopol with Crimea. These Russians and their smoking habit!

6 ( +9 / -3 )

UChosePoorly...

Mr. K - How is that drive on Odessa going? lol

About as well as Ukraine forces recapturing the Dombas...LOL

But seriously, I've always said that I think Russia will offer Odessa as bargaining chip. However, if they decide otherwise they will take it in their own time. Be patient!

-13 ( +3 / -16 )

I can read, AS, thanks. That's why I said "casualty" and not killed. Glad you trust the US figures, at least!

2 ( +6 / -4 )

I think if Ukraine had actually destroyed 9 warplanes in Crimea the Russian military response would be lethal.

How would that "lethal response" be any different from any other normal day of bombardment? Russia kills Ukrainians on a daily basis as part of it's continued invasion. Great to see they are getting a lethal response from Ukraine.

6 ( +9 / -3 )

Mr K - ah, so nothing imminent then? Good to know, lol

1 ( +5 / -4 )

So like me or not the facts are we cannot trust anything Ukraine or Russia say.

Incredibly disingenuous framing. If one is concerned about corruption in Ukraine, then one would want Russia extricated from Ukrainian affairs, as Russia plays a corrupting influence in Ukraine.

6 ( +9 / -3 )

There are satellite images showing the destroyed planes. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62500560

The base sure seems substantially damaged if those pics are legit.

9 ( +10 / -1 )

Spoiler: He is not concerned about corruption in Ukraine. He just wants Russia to win, which they will not.

10 ( +13 / -3 )

The Russian rear is at risk.

This is a defeat for the “mighty” red army and there’s no way to spin it.

Thank God the Russians are recruiting convicted criminals to fill out their ranks, eh?

Thankfully the Russians don’t take rapists, pedophiles or extremists, so there’s that……

4 ( +7 / -3 )

UChosePoorly

Today 10:07 am JST

I can read, AS, thanks. That's why I said "casualty" and not killed. Glad you trust the US figures, at least!

Oh please you messed up and you know it.

If you could read then why did you try mixing my Killed figures with somehow your "casualties".

You were trying to disprove my numbers and point but all you did was confirmed them.

Now you backpedal.

Just like Ukraine, "we are beating the Russians all their attacks are failing".

Next

" We are repositioning or troops leaving the area to Russia to fight better in a new position, but not a retreat "

How many times have we heard the above, repositioning, mission complete but not a surrender, withdrawal into Russian POW camps, etc...

And still people believe everything Ukraine claims.

It is mindboggling.

See despite what you and others keep trying to insinuate, I never use Russian information or believe anything Russia claims, I point out that you and others are so invested in Ukraine being right that you don't care about facts only feelings.

I point out both Russia and Ukraine cannot be trusted.

-13 ( +3 / -16 )

We all understand avoiding Russian news and propaganda. But it seems we should be doing the same with Ukraine.

Yup, it is well understood that the Ukrainian side has a high incentive to both exaggerate the damage it inflicts and to hide its own losses, so one must be careful about believing what they say at face value.

As a result, I don’t accept Ukraine’s specific claim of 9 Russian planes destroyed until it is corroborated by other evidence. I have seen a video of one plane that had been destroyed, and also satellite images from earlier in the day which showed multiple aircraft parked on the runway that was hit, which suggests that Ukraines estimate is plausible, but not proven.

But, in this context, so what if the number might not be “9” exactly? We’ve got ample independent evidence - numerous videos of multiple massive explosions destroying the base, and the Russians themselves admitting it happened. Of course the Russians are saying no airplanes were destroyed, but unlike the Ukrainian claims that one directly conflicts with the available evidence we have. I think we can safely conclude - without taking either Ukrainian or Russian claims at face value - that this was an extremely destructive attack which inflicted significant material losses on the Russians including aircraft.

3 ( +6 / -3 )

Axel - the Russians have a long, long, way to go before they get to Moldova, lol. It's not happening any time soon, if at all. When do you see this happening by?

No idea if and when the Ukrainians will take back Kherson, because I can't see the future, but every day it is looking more and more likely that it will happen. Let's check back on my prediction and see where the lines are in a couple of months. @JTpremium, remind me in two months.

2 ( +4 / -2 )

I point out both Russia and Ukraine cannot be trusted.

I know. And it's quite silly to pretend Russia and Ukraine are equally as untrustworthy.

Again, if one really cares about corruption then they would advocate for policies which would reduce corruption in Ukrainian- not do nothing.

7 ( +10 / -3 )

takeda.shingen.1991@gmail.com

Today 10:09 am JST

So like me or not the facts are we cannot trust anything Ukraine or Russia say.

Incredibly disingenuous framing. If one is concerned about corruption in Ukraine, then one would want Russia extricated from Ukrainian affairs, as Russia plays a corrupting influence in Ukraine.

Except Ukraine dropped to it's lowest point in corruption after 2014 and kept getting worse.

Look at the Panama papers and look a Zelensky's information in those.

-13 ( +2 / -15 )

Except Ukraine dropped to it's lowest point in corruption after 2014 and kept getting worse.

Well then the only thing we can do is nothing! Don't supply them with weapons or anything, let an even more corrupt Russia rape and pillage the country. That'll certainly make Russia less corrupt. Great point!

5 ( +9 / -4 )

Ukraine*

0 ( +3 / -3 )

Antique,the end is near,no way will Crimea be liberated for the next 100 years

-11 ( +2 / -13 )

Axel - the Russians have a long, long, way to go before they get to Moldova, lol. It's not happening any time soon, if at all. When do you see this happening by?

A few tasks to go. They've said all of Donbass will be liberated before the end of this month. After that there are 3 distinct options:

Liberate Kharkiv. Liberate the rest of Zaporizhzhia (that won't take long as the N**is only hold a little). Liberate Nikolayev.

The social situation in the last of those is boiling. The locals absolutely hate the Ukrainian state. It's terrible in Kharkiv but in Nikolayev the Nis have closed the city while evacuating administrative agencies. The people are in the midst of an old-fashioned Ni regime of terror.

After Nikolayev, Odessa and Moldova are next door and the locals hate Ukraine just as much as they do in Nikolayev. Rumor has it NATO have been massively building up the defenses outside Odessa. It won't matter. They had 8 years for it in Donbass.

So if I were to bet, I'd bet the liberation of Nikolayev will be begin late this month or early this month. After that, a lot of specialists are saying the N**i's will have to evacuate Odessa or be cut off.

No idea if and when the Ukrainians will take back Kherson, because I can't see the future, but every day it is looking more and more likely that it will happen. Let's check back on my prediction and see where the lines are in a couple of months. @JTpremium, remind me in two months.

Let me save you the trouble. Kherson will never be taken from Russia unless it's to become an independent state fully under Russian control but not part of Russia.

-7 ( +3 / -10 )

I point out both Russia and Ukraine cannot be trusted.

Oh, and contrary to my previous post, it seems this morning that we now have satellite imagery independently confirming that at least 8 Russian aircraft were destroyed in the attack.

So it would seem that what the Ukrainians were claiming in this article is, in fact, accurate. While what the Russians said has been shown to be a lie (big surprise). Why are you complaining about this stuff in response to this article?

5 ( +7 / -2 )

Fog of war. However, I tend to give more credibility to Russian claims than to Ukrainian claims. Just look at the string of propaganda lies that have been emanating from the Zelenski government, from the ghost of Kiev to the Butcha claim to the the "evacuation" of Azov to the million man armee to the current insane claim that the Russians are shelling their own personel in the power plant.... Zelenski has been fighting a propaganda war from the start, while Russian claims have been much more resonable.

-6 ( +4 / -10 )

We call places in Africa, South and Central America, South Asia, "developing" countries.

But in industry, and infrastructure, that may be correct but in facts, world relations they are far more developed than many so-called developed countries and their citizens.

Why haven't these places joined the fight against Russia?

Oil?, Minerals? Money? No, no no.

It is as simple as how leaders from north African, India, Pakistan, etc... have put it, this is another European vendetta war, becoming a proxy war and having been forced into several previous European war against their wills they now what nothing to do with any of it.

Seems they are far smarter than Canada, Australia, NZ who cannot cut the umbilical cord to Europe.

-7 ( +3 / -10 )

Yrral

Antique,the end is near,no way will Crimea be liberated for the next 100 years

Crimea was liberated when it returned to Russia. It was always Russian, only gifted to Ukraine by Chrushtchev in a night of drunken stupor. That is what Sovjet leader could do in those days.

Just go back in history and look up the Crimean wars.... who were the English and French fighting there? The UKRAINIAN empire?'In what universe?

-8 ( +3 / -11 )

Axel - Thank you for your predictions. I will keep track and we can revisit from time to time.

4 ( +5 / -1 )

Why haven't these places joined the fight against Russia?

lol What difference does their reasoning make? I'm sure Russian arms sales in those regions had nothing to do with them not "joining in the fight."

this is another European vendetta war,

lol Europe didn't invade Ukraine. Russia did. You blame everything and everyone but Russia. Pathetic.

4 ( +6 / -2 )

Nemo

This is a defeat for the “mighty” red army and there’s no way to spin it.

Err... red armee? Are we having a time slip?

Thank God the Russians are recruiting convicted criminals to fill out their ranks, eh?

That is what Zelenski just did. Afaic, the Russians are still most using the local Dombass militia plus a limited expedition force. Or do you have a source for your claim?

-8 ( +1 / -9 )

Kherson will never be taken from Russia unless it's to become an independent state fully under Russian control but not part of Russia.

An "independent" state fully under Russian control? If they were independent, could they not just kick the Russians out if they chose to? Or did you mean a different word than "independent"?

4 ( +7 / -3 )

takeda.shingen.1991@gmail.com

Today 10:27 am JST

Except Ukraine dropped to it's lowest point in corruption after 2014 and kept getting worse.

> Well then the only thing we can do is nothing! Don't supply them with weapons or anything, let an even more corrupt Russia rape and pillage the country. That'll certainly make Russia less corrupt. Great point

I don't care, honestly, all a care about is that as usual, my country and Japan don't again get dragged into another European designed vendetta war.

My family paid a high price in the last 2 world wars, my Japanese wife's family did the same.

I don't want military aged children, nephew, nieces, my cousin's military aged children, my children's friends, to end up on some European battlefield dead like so many of my parents cousins, siblings, uncles, did.

All because after over a 1000 years 2 fools are still fighting.

-7 ( +2 / -9 )

takeda.shingen.1991@gmail.com

Today 10:49 am JST

Why haven't these places joined the fight against Russia?

> lol What difference does their reasoning make? I'm sure Russian arms sales in those regions had nothing to do with them not "joining in the fight."

> this is another European vendetta war,

> lol Europe didn't invade Ukraine. Russia did. You blame everything and everyone but Russia. Pathetic

Big whole in your reasoning.

Turkey, Israel, etc.. NATO member and major USA Ally along with many more not onboard.

-7 ( +2 / -9 )

An "independent" state fully under Russian control? If they were independent, could they not just kick the Russians out if they chose to? Or did you mean a different word than "independent"?

They could but they won't choose to. It's purely hypothetical. Opinion polls show around 80% of the population and rising is in favor of becoming part of Russia. The referendum will happen next month so not sure how long it will take after that but in Crimea after the referendum it only took 2 or 3 days. They already use the ruble, Russian phone codes, Russian post codes, Russian internet. I guess before the end of next month, Kherson oblast will be officially a Russian oblast.

-7 ( +1 / -8 )

I don't care, honestly, all a care about is that as usual, my country and Japan don't again get dragged into

It was quite obvious you don't care about corruption, or rightwing extremism. The positions you take up are all unambiguously pro-authoritarianism and Russian imperialism.

European designed vendetta war.

Lolz You keep saying this, but that doesn't change the fact that Russia, not the EU, invaded Ukraine.

All because after over a 1000 years 2 fools are still fighting.

1000 years you've yet to learn appeasement doesn't work. Neville Chamberlain called, he wants his foreign policy back.

5 ( +6 / -1 )

Got it, thanks Axel, for this as well. We can check back at the end of September.

3 ( +4 / -1 )

Err... red armee? Are we having a time slip?

If that’s your argument, then the Russians are well and truly screwed.

Putie shot his wad and is now scrounging the very bottom of the barrel for cannon-fodder while becoming the Iranians best customer.

These are the facts. They are not in doubt. And no amount of spamming by Putie’s fan-bios is going to change that.

1 ( +4 / -3 )

Big whole in your reasoning.

Hole* and no, name dropping Turkey or whatever doesn't make your claim any less of a logical fallacy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

3 ( +5 / -2 )

How long can Russia continue feeding people into this human meat grinder?

The Ukrainians are fighting for their homes, whereas, the Russian soldiers are fighting for their master.

4 ( +7 / -3 )

1000 years you've yet to learn appeasement doesn't work. Neville Chamberlain called, he wants his foreign policy back.

Sure and WW1 was the war to end all wars! How did that turn out?

The Neville Chamberlain thing as usual because that is about as much as most know about history and WW2,

I expect that most don't know fascism stated in Italy from the hurt feelings of not getting what it wanted in WW1, then Germany also wanting revenge, and snowballing from there, and why did WW1 start? Same stupidity, one country didn't get what it wanted and a other got defeated in a previous war, etc...

So by miracle Ukraine defeats Russia, is that the end? Not if European history is any indication of the future.

All it does is push the war to the next decade or so.

-5 ( +2 / -7 )

According to daily news, the Ukraine is winning multiple times everyday since the beginning. Who can believe this permanent funny childish unprofessional propaganda? Just wake us up again when the heroic Ukrainians stand in Moscow and the Russians have signed the capitulation papers. lol

-3 ( +5 / -8 )

AS - just FYI, here is a map of how countries voted on the UN Resolution to condemn the Russian invasion. I don't fault developing nations for not levying sanctions when some of them may be dependent on Russian energy and food.

https://www.axios.com/2022/03/02/united-nations-ukraine-russia-141

0 ( +4 / -4 )

According to daily news, the Ukraine is winning multiple times everyday since the beginning. 

Maybe don't watch/read daily news then?

-3 ( +3 / -6 )

The only people fighting in Ukraine for Ukraine are Ukrainians and a small number of oddballs from places like the UK and the US.

On the Russian side, there seem to be many more than Russian conscripts who mostly do not even want to be there. Putin request 100,000 from North Korea to be paid in wheat. They can travel overland to Ukraine.

Most countries, have become very concerned about the Russian invasion and do not support it.

EU countries have welcomed more than five million refugees. The additional burden of cuts in Russian gas and increase in energy costs is hitting people badly.

Russia's unprovoked, unjustified and barbaric invasion of Ukraine is not only a manifestation of a huge security danger that has shattered peace in Europe.

"More structurally, it has broken the entire security architecture built patiently on the continent over many decades, including international commitments agreed in the last 30 years. As the top UK general recently observed, it is dangerous to assume that the war on Ukraine is a limited conflict. This could be “our 1937 moment“, and everything possible must be done in order to stop territorial expansion by force, thereby averting a war similar to the one that ravaged Europe 80 years ago. Mobilising our resources must start today."

https://www.nato.int/docu/review/articles/2022/07/07/the-consequences-of-russias-invasion-of-ukraine-for-international-security-nato-and-beyond/index.html

8 ( +10 / -2 )

I don’t know about you guys, built my favorite part is how every one of Putie’s Glee club breeze past the inconvenient facts that Russia launched this war (I guess that whole - BTWYou use the W spelling when discussing a matter in its entirety, AS but I digress... “Special Military Operation” thing is a thing of the past.) Russia hasn’t achieved any of its objectives.

Economy heading into the toilet. Army already there. NATO reinvigorated on his N. Border.

Yeah, the Russians are totally winning.

5 ( +9 / -4 )

I don't want military aged children, nephew, nieces, my cousin's military aged children, my children's friends, to end up on some European battlefield dead like so many of my parents cousins, siblings, uncles, did.

I 100% agree!

Therefore I completely do not understand, how people can defend, support and cheer up a country which invades it's neighbour and kills, murders and rapes innocent people and even children.

This is completely out of my understanding.

Therefore, Russia is the aggressor here and Russia started that.

And if you and the world don't want, military aged children, nephew, nieces, my cousin's military aged children, my children's friends, to end up on some European battlefield, the world have to end this by pushing back the Russian aggressor, and not by supporting, defending and cheer up this Russian aggressor more and more, and trying to explain Nonstop in the internet, that this aggressive mass murdering country has all rights from the past to start and to continue this mass murdering.

5 ( +7 / -2 )

yrraY

Thefu Ukraine cede these areas in the Minsk Agreement,come December Ukrainain agree to cease fire term ,that will be worst,would continue to endanger your family,if you could stop now and at least save some kind of roof over your head or be out in the cold come December,

It’s difficult to decipher that salad you have as a comment, however if I understand what you’re trying to say you don’t need to worry about you misunderstandings of the Minsk agreements because On 22 February 2022, Russian president Vladimir Putin declared “the Minsk agreements no longer exist".

1 ( +4 / -3 )

AS The world is round, the sky is blue, your boo Vlad launched this war of aggression. If you folding like being called out on that, I’ll happily venmo you a packet of tissues.

3 ( +6 / -3 )

The base sure seems substantially damaged if those pics are legit.

But the anti-west/pro-authoritarians will claim 'fake news', and/or 'biased western media', like their heroes Putin and the Floridian themselves do anytime there are reports suggesting Putin and the Golfer are not super heroes.

4 ( +7 / -3 )

Zelenski has been fighting a propaganda war from the start, while Russian claims have been much more resonable.

Talk about sticking your head in the sand when you read something you don’t want to know.

This is an article in which the Ukrainian side has made one claim (large number of Russian aircraft destroyed) while the Russian side has made another (no Russian aircraft destroyed).

We have indisputable independent evidence in the form of satellite images now demonstrating that theUkrainian claim is completely true and that the Russian claim is completely false. No gray area or fog of war about it, we can clearly see the destroyed Russian aircraft with our own eyes:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62500560

And yet the Putin fanboy response, predictably, is to still say that they trust the Russians and don’t believe theUkrainians.

Insane.

7 ( +10 / -3 )

Again

Therefore I completely do not understand, how people can defend, support and cheer up a country which invades it's neighbour and kills, murders and rapes innocent people and even children.

Misrepresentation as usual.

I never cheered, I never defend!

And you and others can keep repeating that lie all you want.

I have been very clear, I don't care, these two deserve each other they both have a problem with the other ethnic group and that has not changed in a thousand years,

So if Russia beats Ukraine fine, if Ukraine beats Russia fine just we need to stay out of it and so many here want us in the war, most to old to fight but ready to sacrifice our children for something that will not be resolved now and is not or problem.

-5 ( +4 / -9 )

“Don’t like being called out”

Damned autocorrect...

(The tissue offer still stands)

4 ( +7 / -3 )

Oops. Putin probably shouldn't have tried to invade and take over Russia if he didn't want to look stupid for letting Crimea get hit.

And they're pretending nothing happened. Mmkay Kremlin, sure.

I'll sit back with the popcorn. Which Russian generals die for this screwup?

5 ( +9 / -4 )

Nemo

Today 11:37 am JST

When you have something factual to say let me know , oh when Ukraine is no longer in retreat ( oh wait forgot not retreat not surrender redeployment and withdrawal aren't those the words you and Zelensky like?) Well let me know when Ukraine finally advances forward and not backwards.

-6 ( +3 / -9 )

So if Russia beats Ukraine fine, if Ukraine beats Russia fine just we need to stay out of it and so many here want us in the war, most to old to fight but ready to sacrifice our children for something that will not be resolved now and is not or problem.

Imagine having the leisure of being so far disconnected from a war where one side is invading, and unambiguously in the wrong, and the other side which is courageously fighting to defend itself. A shameful position to take.

5 ( +8 / -3 )

I am the one being called names and a Putin propagadist

I pointed out the fully false Both Korean 100,000 troops claim by some here I even Post the AFP fact check showing it was false but look at how many didn't like the facts!

I guess your feelings are facts facts are fantasy and up is down

-3 ( +5 / -8 )

Misrepresentation as usual.

I never cheered, I never defend!

If so, then I recommend you to change the way how you write your comments.

If I read your posts, I get immediately the impression that you Nonstop trying to defend what Russia is doing in the Ukraine by bringing up the past or compare with other "moments" from the human world history.

0 ( +5 / -5 )

Even these history moments from the past are facts...nothing...absolutely nothing, can defend what the Russians did and are still doing in the Ukraine.

People should learn from the history and should not use it to defend their violent, aggressive, murdering actions.

4 ( +8 / -4 )

Monty

Today 11:52 am JST

Even these history moments from the past are facts...nothing...absolutely nothing, can defend what the Russians did and are still doing in the Ukraine.

> People should learn from the history and should not use it to defend their violent, aggressive, murdering actions.

You mean like who actually had Crimea and who gave it to Ukraine without asking.

You mean like Ukraine passing laws that condemned the USSR saying everything it did was illegal but then saying the transfer of Crimea without Russian permission was legal.

You mean that kind of history?

See there is my problem with people and this war, they want only the feelings to be facts and only want what they like to be a fact.

So the USSR transferred Crimea to Ukraine, and Ukraine likes that so it says that was legal, but everything else the USSR did was illegal.

See a problem?

-5 ( +5 / -10 )

You mean like Ukraine passing laws that condemned the USSR saying everything it did was illegal but then saying the transfer of Crimea without Russian permission was legal.

Odd, I thought you said you don't care about what happens to Ukraine. Now you do, when it is something you can use to bash Ukraine for? This is how one gets accused of spouting pro-Russian propaganda.

3 ( +7 / -4 )

You mean like who actually had Crimea and who gave it to Ukraine without asking.

You mean like Ukraine passing laws that condemned the USSR saying everything it did was illegal but then saying the transfer of Crimea without Russian permission was legal.

You see...that is exactly what I mean.

You are using this history to defend what Russia did and is still doing.

Even it is correct, it come up that you are saying it is OK to start a war from this and kill innocent people and even children.

But than on the other hand you are saying,

I don't want military aged children, nephew, nieces, my cousin's military aged children, my children's friends, to end up on some European battlefield dead like so many of my parents cousins, siblings, uncles, did.

This doesn't match with each other.

5 ( +8 / -3 )

So did you notice Zelensky changed the story and the bill again?

now he says it’s not done until Crimea is returned too.

so now we have to pay for him to fight Russia, pay to rebuild Ukraine and then pay for him to take back Crimea.

quite a demanding fellow with other people’s military equipment and money isn’t he?

-7 ( +6 / -13 )

The truth is somewhere in the middle; probably 3 drones destroyed.

-7 ( +3 / -10 )

While Putin kills civilians and destroys infrastructure, Ukraine aims for Russian military targets. I admire the Ukrainian restraint, but do not understand it. If they can get into Crimea, they could get into Moscow.

6 ( +10 / -4 )

The truth is somewhere in the middle; probably 3 drones destroyed.

The Ukrainian claim is accurate, the Russian claim is false. You can see the destroyed aircraft for yourself:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62500560

If anything it looks like the Ukrainian claim is a conservative estimate. I’m counting 16 aircraft in the “before” picture taken in the morning right before the attack occurred, and only 3 aircraft that look like they escaped intact in the “after” image taken the following morning, with the other 13 either reduced to heaps of debris or at the very least suffering severe damage.

5 ( +9 / -4 )

You are using this history to defend what Russia did and is still doing.

No I am using history to point out the dishonesty of both sides something few here care to admit.

Their pure hatred for Russia blinds them to reality and that is the type of blindness that gets the rest of us and the world into trouble.

Remember Vietnam? The read scare , the million killed, why ?

"Because if we don't stop the commies there they will spread"

Rinse repeat in other places!

Now replace commies with Russia and here we are!

So south Vietnam fell are we all Communist now?

-11 ( +3 / -14 )

No I am using history to point out the dishonesty of both sides something few here care to admit.

Because it is an absurd position to take. Why should we both sides this war when it is only Russia doing the invading?

Remember Vietnam? The read scare , the million killed, why ?

"Because if we don't stop the commies there they will spread"

This is a comically bad example. Putin made it very clear that it was never about de-Nazifying Ukraine and was all about restoring the glory of the old Russian empire/Soviet Union.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/feb/22/putin-speech-russia-empire-threat-ukraine-moscow

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-02-24/full-transcript-vladimir-putin-s-televised-address-to-russia-on-ukraine-feb-24

6 ( +9 / -3 )

Remember that claim a couple of days ago about the Russians shelling the nuclear plant that they controlled?

Turns out it was the Ukrainians that shelled it.

-7 ( +4 / -11 )

See there is my problem with people and this war, they want only the feelings to be facts and only want what they like to be a fact.

That's your problem with this war? My problem with this war is all the people dying and a sovereign nation being ruthlessly invaded in an imperialistic land-grab, but you do you, man.

10 ( +13 / -3 )

Their pure hatred for Russia blinds them to reality and that is the type of blindness that gets the rest of us and the world into trouble.

No!

What gets the rest of us and the world into trouble is that Russia started a war and continues to kill innocent people, including women and children.

The hate against Russia, which appears now, is because of what they are doing to the Ukranian people.

And to come back to historical facts..

Each country in the world has it's own kind of such historical facts...and if each country would use these facts as an excuse to start a war and kill innocent people, including women and children, then you will have all over the world wars going on, and we, including you and your loved ones, and the rest of the world would never live in peace.

And additional, what you and many of us here don't want ro see, what you pointed out...

...military aged children, nephew, nieces, my cousin's military aged children, my children's friends, to end up on some European battlefield dead like so many of my parents cousins, siblings, uncles,...

then,... this will come true!

So think about that.

Historical events, facts...and whatever people bring up can never defend to start a war, invade its neighbours and kill women and children,

9 ( +11 / -2 )

Articles, Offers & Useful Resources

A mix of what's trending on our other sites