Take our user survey and make your voice heard.
world

Ukraine says Russian troops advancing in 'fierce fighting'

95 Comments

The requested article has expired, and is no longer available. Any related articles, and user comments are shown below.

© 2023 AFP

©2024 GPlusMedia Inc.


95 Comments

Comments have been disabled You can no longer respond to this thread.

Easy then - Tell your man Putin to return to pre Feb 22 and I'm pretty sure the Ukrainians will cut a deal.

Yes, that would be the easy thing to do, but it's not happening. This is not the movies.

Then what?

Kill more Russians and drive them out of Ukraine, that's what.

Alternatively, when enough of them die, they will lose their will to fight and go home.

And I don't really care much which it is.

But the Russians ARE leaving. That much is nearly certain.

-1 ( +4 / -5 )

Very well thought out contribution to the discussion :) merci.

I don't really care what you call it. I just think it is silly to pretend this was some brilliant master plan to bring forces to Belarus, when this is precisely what they did at the start of the invasion. Whatever you want to call it, it made Putin look pretty weak.

3 ( +6 / -3 )

...kind of my point @Zoroto. Nothing will happen. This could well continue into the next decade.

4 ( +5 / -1 )

wallace "It wasn't a coup because it never happened but there was a strong potential for it."

Yes, that is quite possible.

Cards fanToday " Nope. Where does the article say otherwise? nope.

Very well thought out contribution to the discussion :) merci.

-5 ( +1 / -6 )

Somebody said it once?... quite an understatement there. 

Yes, and it was grabbed by russophiles as a catch phrase, hence why you’ve heard it so many times now, and yes, that does make it an understatement.

1 ( +4 / -3 )

He is just consciously not saying "shovel" right now and has modified to out of "certain types" of ammo to avoid detection. - Quite the conspiracy you've got there. 

Well not really, he is right , "JT experts" have been posting about Russians running out of ammunition since last year. One of the recent endearingly pathétique posts was categorically stating it is a "fact" Russia is running out of missiles, particularly Kinjals and Kalibers. Literally one day later the African delegation was visiting Kiyv and western news reported that Russians launched a cynical attack on the capital during right the visit. Voila..apparently they shot down 6 Kinjals and 6 Kalibers on that sunny day. So either JT expert claims or UAF claims were nonsense...wonder which was the case?

Who said that? - I think somebody said it once and they've grabbed it as one of their catch lines.

Who claimed that "all those times" exactly? You can't just point fingers about it. Quite the conspiracy you've got there.

Somebody said it once?... quite an understatement there. The nonsense about running out of missiles, shovels, WW2 tanks and Russian navy rusting on the bottom of the sea ( granted Moskva would make a good diving site days) has been repeated many times here. Anyone following discussion here knows that.

"So, the Russian Air Farce is in fact a joke. "

Really? Ukranian soldiers being blown up by missiles launched by Russian jets and helicopters daily would disagree.

-4 ( +2 / -6 )

EastmanToday  11:52 am JST

long story short heroi obosralis.

time to push Kiev junta to peace talk and to say to Raytheon that they have made a lot of fat profit from peoples misery in UA.Lloyd Austin do you hear me?

STOP WAR NOW!

Easy then - Tell your man Putin to return to pre Feb 22 and I'm pretty sure the Ukrainians will cut a deal.

3 ( +6 / -3 )

(with the exception of the slur on Aerospace Forces).

It's not a slur if it is true. The average combat pilot in the Russian Air Farce arrives at his first combat unit with 1/2 the number of hours stick time as a Western pilot and that makes a huge difference in little things like airmanship. The SU-27 stick jockey unintentionally hitting the drone a couple months ago is a good example of their flying "skills".

The Russians are estimated to have gone into this war with only about 100 fully trained pilots for their combat operations. With attrition, that number has plummeted and may now be as low as 30.

Instead of ramping up training operations (which would take years) they have started to cannibalize their training squadrons throwing their instructor pilots into combat. This was the downfall of the INJ air arm.

Furthermore, Russian maintenance is about as high-quality as one would expect from a force denoted by rampant corruption and skimming of funds and equipment. Several planes have been lost (no fewer then 4 by my count) on camera just spontaneously blowing up in mid-air.

A few years ago, I noticed that when the Russians did an intercept of a recon plane or a bomber, they were sending single units up to do the intercept. I wondered why as in the West, interceptors run on the "2 is 1, 1 is none" theory. I wondered if the Russians just had a differing doctrine.

Now we can see what seemed like a fairytale (at least for NATO) back then: The Russians via bad maintenance, a lack of pilots, or some combination there of, might not actually be capable of scrambling 2 fighters for every routine intercept operation.

That seemed a farcical idea at the time but subsequent troubles have made it more likely.

So, the Russian Air Farce is in fact a joke. But the joke is on the Midget from Moscow.

0 ( +4 / -4 )

The 70 year old tank propaganda was debunked several months back

Yeah, not so much. Sat photos of the junk yards where the T-54/55s were stored show that they have been emptied out. They all went for a parade? I think not.

CNN has geolocated shipment after shipment heading west to Ukraine where they are buried except for their turrets to provide point defense (which is about the best use for them so hats off to the Ruskies for thinking of something that might actually work.)

But the basic premise remains: The Russian "army" has atriated it's true front line equipment and is now reliant on 3 grade junk. Granted this 3rd tier junk is more effective in a defensive role. But it IS suffering from equipment and munition shortages in critical areas.

None other than Pergoizhin said as much. Soldiers are complaining home about their worn out weapons and lack of ammo. These communications have been intercepted and published.

This is not the same as being "out".

2 ( +5 / -3 )

He is just consciously not saying "shovel" right now and has modified to out of "certain types" of ammo to avoid detection.

Quite the conspiracy you've got there. Any proof to back it up?

1 ( +6 / -5 )

long story short heroi obosralis.

time to push Kiev junta to peace talk and to say to Raytheon that they have made a lot of fat profit from peoples misery in UA.Lloyd Austin do you hear me?

STOP WAR NOW!

-5 ( +8 / -13 )

Antiquesaving

It's why they are raiding their junk yards for 70 year old tanks and their home guard

Come on guy!

If your are going to make a claim at least get with the times!

The 70 year old tank propaganda was debunked several months back, even Ultra pro Ukraine Reuters had to print a retraction pointing out the claims being false and the video and images doctor from videos taken years earlier of tanks to be used in a WW2 commemoration parade.

And yet they are using 70 year old tanks in Ukraine. Just not on the front lines. So you got that one wrong too.

0 ( +8 / -8 )

Yeah talking about all those times you claimed Russia was out of ammo and only had shovels to fight with.

Who claimed that "all those times" exactly? You can't just point fingers about it. The person who has brought up shovels more than anybody else hasn't posted here yet today... or at least I haven't seen it. He's also the person who regularly says there can be no military solution... and definitely not on Ukraine's side.

0 ( +4 / -4 )

Blacklabel

Yeah talking about all those times you claimed Russia was out of ammo and only had shovels to fight with.

or lets me guess, you ”never said that” either.

I have never seen a post on JT that said that Russia was out of ammo.

But why argue points when you can simply straw man others.

1 ( +9 / -8 )

EFDToday  11:21 am JST

That's a fair point (with the exception of the slur on Aerospace Forces).

But what F-16s will they get? I keep reading about used batches from European stocks that are being retired.

And what sensitive equipment will be stripped out by the US authorities?

They require smoothly graded, long runways and all manner of centralized support.

Maintenance - after 133 days of schooling, a US Air Force maintainer gains a year of on-the-job experience to become fully qualified. And 16 hours of maintenance per hour of flying time.

The munitions (at least the advanced stuff) is costly, in short supply and takes years to make.

This is starting to look more like a PR exercise than a serious proposal.

0 ( +7 / -7 )

It's why they are raiding their junk yards for 70 year old tanks and their home guard

Come on guy!

If your are going to make a claim at least get with the times!

The 70 year old tank propaganda was debunked several months back, even Ultra pro Ukraine Reuters had to print a retraction pointing out the claims being false and the video and images doctor from videos taken years earlier of tanks to be used in a WW2 commemoration parade.

This is a prime example of false information and propaganda that still goes around long after debunked.

1 ( +9 / -8 )

The Russians are running low on certain types of ammo. That is why they are buying it from the DORKs and the Iranians.

They have been told (it's on video) about the tactical uses of their trenching tools.

They were instructed to buy their own first aid kit.

Nobody ever said they were "out". They have shortages of these materials.

It's why they are raiding their junk yards for 70 year old tanks and their home guard didn't have any armor to stop Wagner.

These are known documented issues.

Black is just irked that the authoritarian dictator is not winning which is the equivalent of losing.

-5 ( +4 / -9 )

The F-16 joined the US arsenal in 1980 and has been continuously updated ever since. New Radar, new avionics, new munitions, etc, etc, etc.

The guy that says it cannot compete with the SU-35 has not one clue as to what he is talking about.

The F-16 is (with the possible exception of the Euro Typhoon) the world's pre-eminant 4th Gen fighter aircraft.

The limitations it faces come from ground based air defenses rather than the untrained goons in the Russian Air Farce flying their poorly maintained aircraft.

And the 4 months is the existing time to train a combat pilot to fly the Viper with a modicrum of proficiency. (Obviously more time would be nice but there isn't any)

The 2-2.5 year figure is the time needed to teach a cadet to fly a Cessna, move on to a military trainer, and finally to a jet fighter. That does not apply here.

-1 ( +5 / -6 )

It wasn't a coup because it never happened but there was a strong potential for it.

3 ( +8 / -5 )

Russia, please leave Ukraine alone. Can't you see they hate you now?

We must all help Ukraine as much as possible and cannot allow Russia to get away with this crime it's trying to commit, which is stealing another country away from its people.

2 ( +8 / -6 )

no, just factual.

lol No it's not. It wasn't a fake coup, and they could have already launched an attack from Belarus, because that's exactly what they did last year. More pro-Russia nonsense.

-1 ( +8 / -9 )

I posted

"Russia is low on certain types of ammo and monthly production is limited."

and

"Putin said Russia was short of "high-precision ammunition, communications equipment, aircraft, drones, and so on" — despite weapon production having increased over the past year in his country. June 14, 2023"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia-ukraine-war-putin-admits-weapons-shortage-dismisses-counteroffensive/

and I watched the TV when he said it.

0 ( +8 / -8 )

Who said that?

I think somebody said it once and they've grabbed it as one of their catch lines. Same with the "shovel" moment. The report of a Wagner guy with a shovel in hand running at a Ukrainian guy is read by pro-Russians as "They're only armed with shovels!!!"

2 ( +6 / -4 )

From the rhetoric of the Kyiv regime officials quoted in this article it is becoming clear that they are entering the coping mechanism phase.

-2 ( +7 / -9 )

Here are facts and claims.

Claim: Russia is running out of ammunition (again) and is limited to 20,000 shells a day (60,000 for those backtracking their statements).

Fact: Ukraine admits Russia is out firing Ukraine at 10 to 1. So if Russia is only firing 20,000 Ukraine must only have 2,000 a day.

Claim: Ukraine is advancing in the South:

Fact: Ukraine has lost 1/3 of their newest donated equipment and have advanced not even close to the first line of defense after over a month.

Fact: in 2 week Russia has take more territory in the north than Ukraine has in the south and advancing on a major supply route!

-2 ( +9 / -11 )

Pro-Russia means posting just facts even when not true.

-1 ( +8 / -9 )

Seriously can we stop the propaganda and look at facts!

The hard truth is, the numbers are always going to look better for the Russians. People will claim otherwise, but it doesn't matter what people claim about the numbers. Simply put, the Russians have more men and more equipment. Don't get hung up on them as an effort to try and prove it's all propaganda. All of it IS propaganda... on both sides. That's how propaganda works. Even your line -

Ukraine has advanced by next to nothing, not even close to the first line of defense, lost 1/3 of its new equipment, while Russia has taken a larger amount of territory in the North east in half the time!

although it may be true, it is still propaganda.

Russia may well come out of this with more land (which if you face another fact, it really is just a land grab), but, and I've said this before, this will create the threat of 9/11 moments in Russia for generations. It hasn't increased the national security of Russia at all, rather, decreased it for one man's massive ego.

2 ( +8 / -6 )

Blacklabel

   So Ukraine should not defend its sovereign right?

> Not at the cost of human lives and civilian deaths that they have been suffering and with no ability to actually win, even with 100s of billions of dollars of payments/weapons from the West.

So you think Ukraine should surrender to Russia?

Their people have been duped into a proxy war by Zelensky where only he benefits in the end.

The war was started by Putin.

You know this. He is the only one who comes out of this better than when it started. Mansion in California, and Hollywood for him. Death and suffering for everyone else.

Rubbish thus spoke.

7 ( +12 / -5 )

Putin admirers: "Everything you read about Russia and Ukraine in the Western Media is nothing but lies, lies and more lies!!!"

Western Media: "Ukraine says Russian troops advancing in 'fierce fighting'"

Putin admirers: "See? Its in the Western media so it must be true!"

2 ( +9 / -7 )

Haaa Nemui

Today 10:29 am JST

Antiquesaving, if you read the comment carefully you would notice the mistake you’ve made with your response to it

> but I have no reason not to believe that Russia is out firing Ukraine 10 to 1

My bad, but that does not erase the fact he claimed:

That's the US assessment, not likely to be propaganda.

And

That's why they have reduced to 20,000 round per day and are resorting to using older shells.

He can't have it both ways.

Russia is again supposedly out or running out of ammunition but Russia is out firing Ukraine 10 to 1.

At his claimed number of 20,000 by the supposed USA assessment, that would mean Ukraine is only firing 2,000 shells a day, even his backtracking.

The Ukraine assessment for the same timeframe, is 60,000 per day. I went for the lower of the two estimates.

Would mean Ukraine is only firing 6,000 rounds a day!

Seriously can we stop the propaganda and look at facts!

Ukraine has advanced by next to nothing, not even close to the first line of defense, lost 1/3 of its new equipment, while Russia has taken a larger amount of territory in the North east in half the time!

These are facts not propaganda, even the Ukrainians admit this.

-4 ( +7 / -11 )

Yeah, the common retort after almost every Ukraine propaganda poster here spent the last year....saying exactly that.

Because they're right. I think the main folks here spouting propaganda are the pro-invasion crowd.

not the first time or even the first topic for the "nobody said that" nonsense.

It's not nonsense, though. No where in the article did it say the F-16s won't be based in Ukraine, yet you claim otherwise.

2 ( +8 / -6 )

The narrative and bias among media (and comment section denizens) is plain and clear to see.

Ukraine is done.

-1 ( +8 / -9 )

Antiquesaving, if you read the comment carefully you would notice the mistake you’ve made with your response to it

*but I have no reason not to believe that Russia is out firing Ukraine 10 to 1*

3 ( +8 / -5 )

2020hindsights

Today 10:17 am JST

Antiquesaving

> I guess general Zaluzhny is less informed than the USA analyst back in Washington.

> I'm not sure what you are trying to say here, but I have no reason not to believe that Russia is out firing Ukraine 10 to 1. Russia's MO is to pound with artillery. They have always fired way more than Ukraine

Really?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/06/30/valery-zaluzhny-ukraine-general-interview/

His troops also should be firing at least as many artillery shells as their enemy, Zaluzhny said, but have been outshot tenfold at times because of limited resources.

You do understand this is a Ukrainian general saying this, right?

But I guess you still don't believe because Washington tells you what to believe/say

-5 ( +7 / -12 )

At a bare minimum it's 5:1 in Russia's favor. 

russia is only using a small amount because they know they have to take on USA controlled EU. Mr Putin is a master chess player.

-7 ( +7 / -14 )

Rodney

Of course Russia will win. They defeated the Nazi Germans and now the neo-Nazi influenced NATO. You can’t stop a multipolar world when you are only 10% of world population, and built your empires on slavery.

Ukraine are much less than 10% of the world population and they didn't build their empire on slavery.

4 ( +10 / -6 )

Putin said Russia was short of "high-precision ammunition, communications equipment, aircraft, drones, and so on" — despite weapon production having increased over the past year in his country. June 14, 2023

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia-ukraine-war-putin-admits-weapons-shortage-dismisses-counteroffensive/

3 ( +9 / -6 )

Antiquesaving

I guess general Zaluzhny is less informed than the USA analyst back in Washington.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here, but I have no reason not to believe that Russia is out firing Ukraine 10 to 1. Russia's MO is to pound with artillery. They have always fired way more than Ukraine.

6 ( +10 / -4 )

That's the US assessment, not likely to be propaganda.

2020hindsights

Today 09:49 am JST

Thank you for my daily laugh!

Next it will be WMDs?

I guess general Zaluzhny is less informed than the USA analyst back in Washington.

-6 ( +7 / -13 )

The artillery ratio is a huge factor in attrition warfare. At a bare minimum it's 5:1 in Russia's favor. Realistically the imbalance is probably much higher.

-2 ( +6 / -8 )

Antiquesaving

2020hindsights

Today 09:31 am JST

Yes I saw that, pure propaganda like your 20,000 limit a day on Russian shells.

That's the US assessment, not likely to be propaganda. The Ukraine assessment for the same timeframe, is 60,000 per day. I went for the lower of the two estimates. You are free to do your own research and please report back.

You know Russia is out of ammunition in June 2022, etc....

Nobody said that. Why do you have to straw man comments that you can't rebut.

Plenty of interviews if USA retired F16 pilots saying "no way 4 months" 6 months to a year maybe but even that is very difficult.

Yeah, everyone is an armchair critic. Those retired pilots didn't do the assessment that the US military did, with actual Ukrainian pilots to arrive at that conclusion.

0 ( +8 / -8 )

The Washington Post interview with general Zaluzhny 3 days ago.

His troops also should be firing at least as many artillery shells as their enemy, Zaluzhny said, but have been outshot tenfold at times because of limited resources.

So the propaganda about Russia low on ammunition and especially the claim here that Russia is limited to 20,000 shells a day would mean Ukraine is only firing 2,000.

Again general Zaluzhny, says Russia is outshooting Ukraine tenfold!

-8 ( +6 / -14 )

2020hindsights

Today 09:31 am JST

Yes I saw that, pure propaganda like your 20,000 limit a day on Russian shells.

You know Russia is out of ammunition in June 2022, etc....

Plenty of interviews if USA retired F16 pilots saying "no way 4 months" 6 months to a year maybe but even that is very difficult.

-8 ( +6 / -14 )

Who disagrees? The F16 first production models rolled out of the factory in 1978. It is extremely old outdated and cannot compete with the Su-35 introduced decades later in in 2013. Russia also has a few Su-57s that make F16s look like the rust buckets that they are.

-10 ( +4 / -14 )

2020hindsights

Today 09:05 am JST

> They are. That's why they have reduced to 20,000 round per day and are resorting to using older shells.

Ha the out of ammunition thing again.

Well then.

If as you claim Russia is reduced to 20,000 a day then that would mean Ukraine is reduced to 2,000 a day!

Now that is because in The Washington Post, interview with Ukrainian general Zaluzhny, he said that the Russians were out firing them at a 10 to 1 advantage.

So poor Ukraine must only be firing 2,000 a day if both your claims an general Zaluzhny are true.

-7 ( +6 / -13 )

Zelensky gambled on the White Bloc being able to force eastern Ukraine into accepting being ruled by post coup Kyiv. The growing power of the Global South (aka 70% of the world) has closed the window on that possibility but, like too many people who bet bigger than they were willing to accept losing, he's kept putting even more on the table.

-10 ( +3 / -13 )

Antiquesaving

2020hindsights

How long does it take to train Ukrainian pilots for the F-16’s*

4 months.*

No it takes 2.5 years to train an F16 pilot.

Only in the propaganda machine on the western governments and MSM have they suddenly claimed that the Ukrainian pilots ( well the few they still have left) could be trained in 4 months.

Umm, no. Four months is the US assessment:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/basic-f-16-training-for-ukrainian-pilots-could-take-just-four-months

Remember these are already fighter jet pilots.

2 ( +10 / -8 )

Russia is low on certain types of ammo and monthly production is limited.

Russia has been gearing up their industrial production for years now. Pretending they will run out of ammo is nonsensical. Sanctions have not worked -the economy has actually grown. Recently it was announced the production of Kaliber, Kh series, Iskander and other types of cruise/ballistic missiles had tripled. And that's the tip of the iceberg.

-5 ( +7 / -12 )

An F16 today is as many years out of date as a Spitfire would have been in Gulf War; 45 years old.

-6 ( +6 / -12 )

2020hindsights

Today 08:22 am JST

quercetum

> How long does it take to train Ukrainian pilots for the F-16’s

> 4 months.

> Have they started?

> Yes

No it takes 2.5 years to train an F16 pilot.

Only in the propaganda machine on the western governments and MSM have they suddenly claimed that the Ukrainian pilots ( well the few they still have left) could be trained in 4 months.

Just like with the leopard tanks which are far less complicated and are being destroyed mostly because the crews are still not fully trained and make major mistakes.

Pure propaganda 4 months, unless Ukrainian pilots are some sort of super human or the rest of the F16 pilots in other countries are not very good or bright!

Well the old adage: "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

That certainly does seem to be the case especially those from MSM, western governments.

-6 ( +7 / -13 )

Ukraine should really try to end this war now. If not, they will just get decimated and the Russians will literally be able to just waltz into Kiev.

AMEN!!!..

-9 ( +6 / -15 )

Yrral

The Residents for somebody who do not live in America,their is no broad support for Biden,why would their be for Ukrainain,after the corruption is exposed in Court of Law , American will cease to support this lost cause

Sorry to be a downer, but US support for funding Ukraine in the war is increasing:

The two-day poll that was concluded on Tuesday charted a sharp rise in backing for arming Ukraine, with 65% of the respondents approving of the shipments compared with 46% in a May poll.

https://www.reuters.com/world/most-americans-support-us-arming-ukraine-reutersipsos-2023-06-28/#:~:text=The%20two%2Dday%20poll%20that,46%25%20in%20a%20May%20poll.

2 ( +7 / -5 )

F16s start at $12m and quickly cost more as you add options and actually use them. It would take as much as 4 months to train a pilot, and corner cutting may be inadvisable - it is a complex, powerful jet and there have been quite a few mishaps with it. However, it is a decent, current, flexible plane with form against Russian jets. Remember, you also have to train ground crew to support it.

Not sure who is going to be sacrificing their military shiny, as it might come back in bits. The UK has a huge backlog of military pilot training and according to the net, doesn't have any F16s to loan anyway. The US have graciously allowed other nations to loan kit, but will still want the original bills to be paid in full.

There are cheaper ways to fight against an invasion. A war is a scaled-up fight - it's consensual and you play by the rules. But an invasion is a scaled-up rape and there are no rules. You bump off every invader any way you can. You should also return in kind, targeting Putin's cronies, Russian MPs and other targets in Russia. And if they do your dam/nuclear plant, you do theirs. This requires insurgents rather than expensive tech. I think it is a tactical failure not to do this, even if the US are forbidding it.

Ukraine should understand that the West benefits the most from there being an on-going conflict, not from Ukraine winning it. Western military types will be as worried about Putin being overthrown after losing as they are about Putin winning. They don't want Russia to expand, but they don't want it to become unstable either. A new cold war needs a reliable bogeyman in Moscow, just as others need one in Pyongyang.

2 ( +8 / -6 )

Blacklabel

What do you mean?

Why would Russia have so many more artillery shells than Ukraine when Ukraine has been supported with 100s of billions in ammo, weapons and cash?

Russia have always had an enormous number of shell advantage over Ukraine. Ukraine haven't received a lot of artillery shells from the west. That's why Russia used to fire 60,000 artillery rounds a day.

not to mention being told by posters here for 1.5 years that Russia is out of ammo

They are. That's why they have reduced to 20,000 round per day and are resorting to using older shells.

But they still have a numerical advantage over Ukraine in numbers of shells.

3 ( +10 / -7 )

Ukraine said all the drones were downed.

It is interesting, Ukraine claims all the time to have downed 99% to 100% of drones and missiles except the one or two they miss seem to always hit supposed civilians targets.

How remarkably convenient for Ukraine and western news.

-11 ( +6 / -17 )

nope.

Where does the article say otherwise?

nope.

0 ( +5 / -5 )

If I were you @Blacklabel, I'd get out there and protest! Its YOUR tax dollars funding this. Always feel bad for Americans having to pay tax whilst abroad. Unfortunately for you, the funding is unlikely to cease whoever is in the White House in January 2025 and the war is stil raging.

6 ( +10 / -4 )

Hang on... a senior US general said a few months back that 97% of pledged aid had arrived. Now they are pretending that a few clapped out fighter jets will change the equation.

The total territory taken realistically is about 40 odd square miles - of open field and long abandoned villages in no-man's-land that is not contested. At this rate it will take approximately 117 years to retake the territories previously forfeited (minus Crimea) with losses that boggle the mind. They are not even halfway to the first of multiple lines of defense. The loss exchange ratio is off the charts.

-7 ( +7 / -14 )

Yeah another thing posters here claimed, that the F-16s could be based in Ukraine.

nope.

And If they were able to be? they would just be captured and/or destroyed just like the Leopards and Bradleys.

-10 ( +8 / -18 )

Ukraine is in a very tough situation relying on others for military support is NOT a good option when fighting a war.

Russian troops have so many advantages being next door to a non stop source of supplies

5 ( +9 / -4 )

Russia is low on certain types of ammo and monthly production is limited.

2 ( +11 / -9 )

What do you mean?

Why would Russia have so many more artillery shells than Ukraine when Ukraine has been supported with 100s of billions in ammo, weapons and cash?

not to mention being told by posters here for 1.5 years that Russia is out of ammo and weapons and fighting hand to hand with shovels.

Now we casually hear this?

He also complained he has a fraction of the artillery shells that Russia is firing.

-14 ( +6 / -20 )

It took 10 years for the Russians to realize they weren’t going to win in Afghanistan.

3 ( +9 / -6 )

quercetum

How long does it take to train Ukrainian pilots for the F-16’s

4 months.

Have they started?

Yes.

3 ( +9 / -6 )

Yeah makes one wonder where all the money and donated weapons and ammunition actually are.

What do you mean?

7 ( +8 / -1 )

How long does it take to train Ukrainian pilots for the F-16’s Have they started?

-9 ( +3 / -12 )

proxy

NATO needs an exit ASAP.

No they don't, because they aren't in this war.

8 ( +17 / -9 )

Yeah makes one wonder where all the money and donated weapons and ammunition actually are.

-14 ( +7 / -21 )

Doesn't seem to be going very well for Ukraine. Not being able to match Russia in artillery shells at this stage of the war is a serious issue that needs rectifying.

1 ( +6 / -5 )

@Haaa Nemui Ukraine doesn't have to negotiate, but they are not going to win either. Boots on the ground.

NATO needs an exit ASAP.

-10 ( +5 / -15 )

People still calling for Ukraine to negotiate for peace. That’s funny. Less than a week ago, not long after the events around Wagner heading toward Moscow, a survey was held showing similar levels of support for the war and for negotiations. The results were put to Peskov who then said the Kremlin’s own research revealed a large majority supported the continued invasion. That alone should tell you the Russians have no intention of negotiating.

8 ( +14 / -6 )

Not Russian victory anymore?

5 ( +12 / -7 )

Keep pounding, Ukraine!

(and watch your back, Russia! https://twitter.com/i/status/1675509388960841728)

6 ( +12 / -6 )

Moon,I live freer than the majority of Ukrainain,that never lived free as independent country,why would someone,who believes in Liberty Equality and Justice for All,want to support Putin

-18 ( +3 / -21 )

Western narratives are all lies on what is really going on in this war. All I can say is hope the war ends soon and bring the food price back down to pre ww3

-7 ( +9 / -16 )

It's still a mystery to me what quality or ideal Russia advances in the minds of its supporters. Is nihilism is an ideal?

8 ( +15 / -7 )

Has,if you not an American,you do not know,how the average American think psychologically like me,that I can mold through psychological coercion and other persuasive mean

-20 ( +2 / -22 )

Putin's war is doomed.

8 ( +19 / -11 )

Yrral

Beggars cannot be choosy,wait till the Republicans drag Ukraine under and over the bus ,,in a democracy,it the consent of the governed,not Zelensky insecurities

Republicans support sending arms to Ukraine.

9 ( +16 / -7 )

"Fierce fighting is going on everywhere," Maliar wrote on social media, adding: "The situation is quite complicated".

Must be really complicated to be not reported in the media so often as was usual before

-4 ( +10 / -14 )

It seems western media is starting to let the truth slip out, using the word "failed." Every day the Russian army grows in strength and every day the Ukrainian forces become a little bit more depleted of both men and equipment.

NATO needs to save face now and agree to some sort of peace deal. Enough on this nonsense that the Ukraine will "liberate" Crimea and enough of this nonsense of sending the Ukrainians to go die is a losing cause.

-13 ( +11 / -24 )

Sound quite ungrateful and full of excuses as to why there is almost zero progress.

-18 ( +7 / -25 )

Ukraine said all the drones were downed.

All, 100% amazing. Ukraine has the best air defense in the history of air defense. I'm sure they are not lying.

-13 ( +13 / -26 )

Ukraine is 30 years, behind the war effort, Russian has been at war with the them on the day of their independence, Russian has built a loyal based with every aspect of Ukraine society from the government, military and generally society, imagine if the British has did this ,we would of been living under the crown miserable

-23 ( +4 / -27 )

Beggars cannot be choosy,wait till the Republicans drag Ukraine under and over the bus ,,in a democracy,it the consent of the governed,not Zelensky insecurities

-23 ( +7 / -30 )

Articles, Offers & Useful Resources

A mix of what's trending on our other sites