Japan Today
world

U.S. braces for retaliation after attack on Iran consulate — even as it says it wasn't involved

72 Comments
By ELLEN KNICKMEYER and LOLITA C. BALDOR

The requested article has expired, and is no longer available. Any related articles, and user comments are shown below.

© Copyright 2024 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

©2024 GPlusMedia Inc.


72 Comments

Comments have been disabled You can no longer respond to this thread.

the United States had an urgent message for Iran: We had nothing to do with it

Yeah right !

Then why all the military assistance to Israel

Same old destabilization tricks - the USA is making trouble using other players and then will swoop in and try to take over in the name of peacekeeping and freedom

9 ( +17 / -8 )

American should let Israel reap what it sowed and not put a target on American back,like in Jordan

-1 ( +8 / -9 )

America knows everything that IS-K is up to. But then proclaims it knows nothing that its closest ally is doing with weapons it supplied.

One day it's in the know, the next day it's not - depending on political expediency and which ally or behaviour it is covering for, or washing its hands of and pretending it had nothing to do with it.

Hard to believe their word balancing act which blows a different way every given day.

-4 ( +7 / -11 )

Russia already made their move, one country they have certain ally another country have other one.

https://english.enabbaladi.net/archives/2024/04/russia-establishes-third-military-post-on-borders-of-occupied-golan-heights/

-5 ( +2 / -7 )

When it was America that broke all international norms of diplomacy, and committed an act of war against Iran, while violating the sovereignty of a third country (Iraq) the 'slap in the face' was delivered on America, in a way that even the US couldn't call 'disproportionate', but still let the entire world know that it was not out of fear, or a lack of capability, but merely a demonstration of what civilized behavior actually looked like.

So, despite the posturing of the US, the coming slap will almost certainly be delivered on the Israeli regime, and, because of the more flagrant violation of the sovereignty of the third country (Syria), the more serious violation of the international norms of diplomacy, the more direct and serious act of war against Iran the Israeli regime committed, the slap will be more than merely demonstrating the ability to destroy the Israeli regime's war machinery.

Taking out not just the most important targets on the base the Israeli regime launched the murderous attack from, but literally the entire base (barracks included) is one possibility.

Taking out all the Israeli military presence on Syrian soil (the Golan Heights and beyond) is definitely on the table, too.

There's also possibly taking out some, or all, of the Israeli regime's sea and airports, or the IGF command headquarters.

-3 ( +5 / -8 )

The Biden administration insists it had no advance knowledge of the airstrike Monday. But the United States is closely tied to Israel's military regardless. The U.S. remains Israel’s indispensable ally and unstinting supplier of weapons, responsible for some 70% of Israeli weapon imports and an estimated 15% of Israel's defense budget. That includes providing the kind of advanced aircraft and munitions that appear to have been employed in the attack.

It is ridiculous to deny advanced knowledge.

7 ( +11 / -4 )

Bibi went into hiding prior to this strike supposedly which says it all about his bravery…

The butcher/ war criminal from Israel just wants to prolong this war so he can avoid his own demise.

Iran will respond…they have no choice

The sooner the US cuts Israel and its fanatical right wing govt loose the better

2 ( +8 / -6 )

The terrorist promoting state has never been too careful about distinguishing between any of its victims, so yes, the US should be careful.

-3 ( +5 / -8 )

The Biden administration insistence in public that they are calling for a ceasefire, in private, the support for government of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is unwavering, militarily, intelligence every level.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is acutely aware of this fact.

Because between now and November Donald Trump will be relentless in his support for a policy that is unequivocal to Israeli continued war against its aggressors.

-1 ( +3 / -4 )

the United States had an urgent message for Iran: We had nothing to do with it

Yeah right ! Then why all the military assistance to Israel

Exactly right. News flash -

As Biden declared he was “outraged and heartbroken” by the deaths of seven humanitarian workers killed by Israeli forces this week, Democrats have ramped up calls for the administration to stop sanctioning military aid to Israel unless the nation does more to protect lives. Since the war began on October 7, the US has reportedly approved and delivered more than 100 separate foreign military sales to Israel amounting to thousands of precision-guided munitions, small-diameter bombs, bunker busters, small arms and other lethal aid. The Biden administration is pressing Congress to approve a plan to sell $18 billion worth of F-15 fighter jets to Israel, as President Biden resists calls to limit U.S. arms sales to Israel over its military offensive in Gaza.

-7 ( +3 / -10 )

Worth remembering that Osama Bin Laden in his "Letter to the American People" cited American support for Israeli belligerence as his main reason for planning the 9/11 attacks. U.S. generals have also said American support for Israel is a great security risk to America.

2 ( +5 / -3 )

If Iran is thinking about directly attacking US assets over this, I would strongly advise them against it.

Iran is not like Russia, both Dems and Reps would be fine with punishment in this case.

2 ( +5 / -3 )

The US was not involved but of course this was an acceptable act of self defense by Israel. Nothing in international law prohibiting Israel attacking the Iran consulate in Syria.

Iran has restrained from acting directly against Israel, and Iran will definitely not want to instigate the US.

-11 ( +3 / -14 )

Lots of conspiracy theories being thrown around here about the U.S. being involved with 0 evidence to prove it. I’m not surprised though, it’s pretty typical for the anti-Israel crowd here to claim things with 0 evidence to back it up.

-7 ( +2 / -9 )

It is interesting to read the comments!

People go on about Iran supporting terrorist, and yes it does.

But remember the USA does exactly the same as it support arms and finances groups opposed to many countries regimes.

But in the western media they call one territorist the other "opposition fighters" "freedom fighters" etc..even when we clearly know they have zero democratic intentions if they get power!

Can anyone remember when any other country deliberately bombed another country's embassy?

I am not talking about a terrorist group like the Al-Qaeda attacks in Africa!

A direct bombing of an embassy be a countries official military!

The closest I could find in modern days is the bombing of the Chinese embassy by the USA which it claimed was a mistake!

It doesn't matter what Israel claims, this is now a signal that all embassies are legitimate targets in any future conflict in any country even those not involved in the conflict!

Either the UN and USA impose serious penalties on Israel or things will now get far worse around the world.

-4 ( +4 / -8 )

People go on about Iran supporting terrorist, and yes it does.

But remember the USA does exactly the same as it support arms and finances groups opposed to many countries regimes.

Name one group that the US supports that is even close to being as bad as the terrorist organizations Iran supports. You can’t.

-7 ( +3 / -10 )

zibala

Today 09:24 am JST

The US was not involved but of course this was an acceptable act of self defense by Israel. Nothing in international law prohibiting Israel attacking the Iran consulate in Syria

You should read the international laws, tes their are but you know that.

You are like the Israeli spokesperson on BBC and Chanelle 4 in the UK, he was saying so much that was not true, the interviewer said if you cannot answer questions truthfully, I cannot let you spread your propaganda, and in both cases cut him off ending the so-called interview.

When even the BBC can't justify letting the official Israeli spokesperson for on telling lies calling it propaganda that is when you know nothing Israel says or does is the truth!

-2 ( +4 / -6 )

JboneInTheZone

Today 09:36 am JST

Name one group that the US supports that is even close to being as bad as the terrorist organizations Iran supports. You can’t.

Have you heard of this group called the Taliban!?

Look up who was supporting them originally!

That was way to easy!

You do realize that many of today's USA enemies were once groups the USA supported just because they had the same enemy, only to turn on the USA later after getting what they wanted!

-2 ( +6 / -8 )

Israel and US are in the same bucket, they are almost like same country. It’s like saying my left hand did it, my right hand has nothing to do with it.

0 ( +4 / -4 )

Have you heard of this group called the Taliban!?

Look up who was supporting them originally!

Thank you for proving my point. You can’t name a single terrorist organization the U.S. is supporting so you have to reach back 40 years.

Ill ask again because apparently you couldn’t read the question correctly: Name one group that the US supports (currently) that is even close to being as bad as the terrorist organizations Iran supports. You can’t.

-6 ( +2 / -8 )

Thank you for proving my point. You can’t name a single terrorist organization the U.S. is supporting so you have to reach back 40 years.

And at the time, they were not a terrorist organization.

7 ( +8 / -1 )

AntiquesavingToday 09:45 am JST

JboneInTheZone

Today 09:36 am JST

Name one group that the US supports that is even close to being as bad as the terrorist organizations Iran supports. You can’t.

Have you heard of this group called the Taliban!?

Look up who was supporting them originally!

That was way to easy!

This isn't 1989. The US is a supporter of the terrorists in Tehran as much as the Taliban and ISIS.

1 ( +5 / -4 )

You do realize that many of today's USA enemies were once groups the USA supported just because they had the same enemy, only to turn on the USA later after getting what they wanted!

What do you mean by “many”? Can you name a single group other than the Taliban? You also realize the opposite is true, correct? Countries like Japan, Vietnam etc. used to be enemies with the U.S. and are now allies

-3 ( +4 / -7 )

Israel and the US broke the rules.  Consulates were suppose to off limits to attacks. This means Israel and US consulates are now fair game.

1 ( +3 / -2 )

JboneInTheZone

Today 09:48 am JST

Thank you for proving my point. You can’t name a single terrorist organization the U.S. is supporting so you have to reach back 40 years.

Try this one they are a really sweet bunch

Nour al-Din al-Zenki Movement

But then your comment of dismissing something because it was in the past it typical of the supporters of the USA and Israel

-4 ( +3 / -7 )

AntiquesavingToday 09:33 am JST

It is interesting to read the comments!

People go on about Iran supporting terrorist, and yes it does.

You should have just stopped there and asked yourself why that is.

But remember the USA does exactly the same as it support arms and finances groups opposed to many countries regimes.

But in the western media they call one territorist the other "opposition fighters" "freedom fighters" etc..even when we clearly know they have zero democratic intentions if they get power!

Really? Which ones in 2024?

Can anyone remember when any other country deliberately bombed another country's embassy?

I am not talking about a terrorist group like the Al-Qaeda attacks in Africa!

A direct bombing of an embassy be a countries official military!

The closest I could find in modern days is the bombing of the Chinese embassy by the USA which it claimed was a mistake!

Because it was a mistake. Compensation paid all around.

It doesn't matter what Israel claims, this is now a signal that all embassies are legitimate targets in any future conflict in any country even those not involved in the conflict!

Well let's be honest: the people you support have no limit to their barbarity so you weren't just waiting for Israel to do something.

Either the UN and USA impose serious penalties on Israel or things will now get far worse around the world.

And I suppose you also support UN action against Russia?

3 ( +5 / -2 )

Song of the SistersToday 09:51 am JST

Israel and the US broke the rules.  Consulates were suppose to off limits to attacks. This means Israel and US consulates are now fair game.

They've already been fair game by Iranian terrorists.

3 ( +5 / -2 )

AntiquesavingToday 09:53 am JST

JboneInTheZone

Today 09:48 am JST

Thank you for proving my point. You can’t name a single terrorist organization the U.S. is supporting so you have to reach back 40 years.

Try this one they are a really sweet bunch

Nour al-Din al-Zenki Movement

Can't blame us for trying to find an non-terrorist alternative to Assad. This being the ME that was not possible.

-1 ( +2 / -3 )

Strangerland

Today 09:48 am JST

Thank you for proving my point. You can’t name a single terrorist organization the U.S. is supporting so you have to reach back 40 years.

> And at the time, they were not a terrorist organization.

In whose view?

See what I mean!

Because you support the western Basically the USA position, you claim they were not, but if you were on the Soviet backed Afghanistan government view, you would say they were!

The contra in Nicaragua, the USA called them freedom fighters, Nicaraguan's called them terrorist!

The same thing over and over if we do it they aren't terrorist, if the other guy does it then they are terrorist!

-1 ( +3 / -4 )

Nour al-Din al-Zenki Movement

The US stopped supporting them as soon as reports began coming out about their human rights abuses committed by their members. So again, you are unable to answer my question.

But then your comment of dismissing something because it was in the past it typical of the supporters of the USA and Israel

We’re not talking about the past, we’re talking about now

-5 ( +1 / -6 )

TaiwanIsNotChina

Today 09:57 am JST

AntiquesavingToday 09:53 am JST

> JboneInTheZone

> Today 09:48 am JST

> Thank you for proving my point. You can’t name a single terrorist organization the U.S. is supporting so you have to reach back 40 years.

> Try this one they are a really sweet bunch

> Nour al-Din al-Zenki Movement

> Can't blame us for trying to find an non-terrorist alternative to Assad. This being the ME that was not possible

You mean like a new Shaw of Iran, or a Pinochet, how about a Taliban?

Or maybe the disaster in Libya?

There are plenty more good examples of the results when the USA puts it's nose in things and friends in power!

-5 ( +3 / -8 )

Because you support the western Basically the USA position, you claim they were not, but if you were on the Soviet backed Afghanistan government view, you would say they were!

The soviets had invaded Afghanistan. The Taliban were fighting for the freedom of their nation from the soviets - which was led by Russia. The same Russian terrorist state we're talking about right now. See the point in common?

4 ( +7 / -3 )

Strangerland

Today 10:03 am JST

Because you support the western Basically the USA position, you claim they were not, but if you were on the Soviet backed Afghanistan government view, you would say they were!

> The soviets had invaded Afghanistan. The Taliban were fighting for the freedom of their nation from the soviets - which was led by Russia. The same Russian terrorist state we're talking about right now. See the point in common

So you think the Taliban were better than the Soviet backed Afghanistan government, nice to know!

-6 ( +3 / -9 )

You mean like a new Shaw of Iran, or a Pinochet, how about a Taliban?

Why are you bringing up stuff from the past again? If you can’t find any terrorist organization the U.S. currently supports that’s fine, it’s okay to be wrong.

Or maybe the disaster in Libya?

The operation in Libya was planned and organized primarily by European forces with the U.S. providing a support role. Regardless, this has nothing to do with our discussion and I find it funny you’re trying to shift the goalposts away from your original claim that the U.S. supports terrorist groups just as bad as the ones Iran supports. It really shows you don’t have an argument to back up your claim

-3 ( +2 / -5 )

JboneInTheZone

Today 10:00 am JST

We’re not talking about the past, we’re talking about now

If it was yesterday you would say the same thing.

It wouldn't matter how many facts are placed in front of you, all you will do is repeat USA and Israel propaganda just like the Israeli spokesperson on BBC that they cut off the interview because he was say nonsense and propaganda

-4 ( +3 / -7 )

"And at the time, they were not a terrorist organization."

Lol, yeah funny how WH decides that huh, fundamentalists fighting for the US interests are freedoom fighters, when their carbon copy fights on the other side they are terrorists. The old cliche sure holds true. Same ole hypocricy all around.

-2 ( +3 / -5 )

Soviet backed

Terrorist backed.

-1 ( +3 / -4 )

Lol, yeah funny how WH decides that huh, fundamentalists fighting for the US interests are freedoom fighters

Freedom fighters are those fighting for the freedom of their nation. Like the Taliban were.

Sorry, are we supposed to be distracted by this from the fact that Russia is a terrorist state who brought this upon themselves?

0 ( +4 / -4 )

JboneInTheZone

Today 10:08 am JST

You mean like a new Shaw of Iran, or a Pinochet, how about a Taliban?

> Why are you bringing up stuff from the past again?

Do you know your history?

If you did you would know why!

Why not look up why and how the present regime in Iran got power!

I will give you a hint!

It is because of the USA interference in Iran in the first place that set all this in motion!

So despite your trying so hard to stop me from pointing the past out, it all leads directly to the problems we face today.

No USA backed coup putting pro USA shaw in power, no Iranian revolution, not hardline Iranian government today!

-5 ( +2 / -7 )

Do you know your history?

If you did you would know why!

Why not look up why and how the present regime in Iran got power!

I will give you a hint!

It is because of the USA interference in Iran in the first place that set all this in motion!

So despite your trying so hard to stop me from pointing the past out, it all leads directly to the problems we face today.

No USA backed coup putting pro USA shaw in power, no Iranian revolution, not hardline Iranian government today!

Why are you avoiding my question? Why are you trying to change the subject? You claimed earlier the US supports terrorist organizations just as bad as the ones Iran supports. After showing you couldn’t prove it you’re trying to pivot away from your original statement to avoid embarrassment about being wrong. If you want to change the subject just admit you were wrong about your original comment

-1 ( +5 / -6 )

JboneInTheZone

Today 10:16 am JST

If it was yesterday you would say the same thing.

> Oh so we’re going back through history? In that case throughout the entire 1000+ year history of Iran it’s committed way more acts of violence and conquest than America

Well according to the USA and Israel, we can go back 2000 years.

Remember the claim by Israel is the Palestinian land is theirs because the Romans kicked them out 2000 years ago!

-3 ( +5 / -8 )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_and_state-sponsored_terrorism

Just to name a few…interestingly ISIS comes up as one of the modern terrorist groups sponsored by the US. The Azov battalion is another but that was over 5 years ago so probably too long ago for the Zionist war criminal supporters on here…oh dear when the states that designate terrorist organisations control the narrative then terrorists become freedom fighters….The US also supports Israel which by bombing another countries embassy is a sovereign country has designated itself a terrorist organisation…

but watch the Israeli apologists call night as day over and over again….

-2 ( +4 / -6 )

Zibala says "nothing in International Law prohibits the targeting of a foreign embassy "

Mate...you can google the answer but you are wrong.

Embassies are protected under International Law.

And Bone...we wouldn't know what the US is doing with its CIA subterfuge at present...Latin American options always seem to be in play.

Venezuela being a recent one.

1 ( +4 / -3 )

Well according to the USA and Israel, we can go back 2000 years.

Remember the claim by Israel is the Palestinian land is theirs because the Romans kicked them out 2000 years ago!

Yes. And in that 2000 year history Israel and America didn’t exist while Iran and was committing atrocities across the region. Thanks again for proving my point.

-3 ( +4 / -7 )

JboneInTheZone

Today 10:22 am JST

Why are you avoiding my question? Why are you trying to change the subject? You claimed earlier the US supports terrorist organizations just as bad as the ones Iran supports. After showing you couldn’t prove it

No I did answer and gave examples!

You are the one that avoided by using the same old reply all USA and Israel supporters give!

"That was the past"

It is like a mantra by the USA group!

-2 ( +3 / -5 )

> TaiwanIsNotChina

Today 10:30 am JST

AntiquesavingToday 10:04 am JST

> So you think the Taliban were better than the Soviet backed Afghanistan government, nice to know!

> Well at least the Taliban follows book of some kind in determining their plans for homicide

This is a prime example of those that support the USA and Israel at any cost!

Trying to find something good an justifying the taliban!

-2 ( +4 / -6 )

AntiquesavingToday 10:32 am JST

TaiwanIsNotChina

Today 10:30 am JST

AntiquesavingToday 10:04 am JST

So you think the Taliban were better than the Soviet backed Afghanistan government, nice to know!

Well at least the Taliban follows book of some kind in determining their plans for homicide

This is a prime example of those that support the USA and Israel at any cost!

Trying to find something good an justifying the taliban!

When comparing it to Russia, it isn't hard.

-1 ( +4 / -5 )

"Lol, yeah funny how WH decides that huh, fundamentalists fighting for the US interests are freedoom fighters - Freedom fighters are those fighting for the freedom of their nation. Like the Taliban were."

So are Hamas soldiers freedom fighters according to your and Biden administration opinion then?

-1 ( +4 / -5 )

Ramsey's KitchenToday 10:13 am JST

"And at the time, they were not a terrorist organization."

Lol, yeah funny how WH decides that huh, fundamentalists fighting for the US interests are freedoom fighters, when their carbon copy fights on the other side they are terrorists. The old cliche sure holds true. Same ole hypocricy all around.

Hezbollah has been doing terrorism for 40 years. That is a heck of a learning deficiency among Iran and its supporters.

-1 ( +4 / -5 )

Oh so we’re going back through history? In that case throughout the entire 1000+ year history of Iran it’s committed way more acts of violence and conquest than America

Well according to the USA and Israel, we can go back 2000 years. Remember the claim by Israel is the Palestinian land is theirs because the Romans kicked them out 2000 years ago!

Touche! Played.

-1 ( +4 / -5 )

JboneInTheZone

Today 10:33 am JST

If you want to go into the past we can. Iran has a much worse history of violence than the U.S. or Israel so you lose on that point also

How would you know?

By your previous statement

Yes. And in that 2000 year history Israel and America didn’t exist while Iran and was committing atrocities across the region. Thanks again for proving my point.

You basically admitted not knowing anything about history especially Iran and I already pointed that out!

-4 ( +3 / -7 )

Zibala says "nothing in International Law prohibits the targeting of a foreign embassy "

Mate...you can google the answer but you are wrong.

Embassies are protected under International Law.

Wrong.

Nothing in international law prevents an attack by a country on an embassy or consulate inside a different country than the attacking country.

Google away and try and prove me wrong.

-10 ( +1 / -11 )

 " Freedom fighters are those fighting for the freedom of their nation. Like the Taliban were."

So are Hamas soldiers freedom fighters according to your and Biden administration opinion then?

Still waiting for NAFOs and their newly found sympathy for Taliban to answer this question....crickets.

-4 ( +1 / -5 )

So are Hamas soldiers freedom fighters according to your and Biden administration opinion then?

I stay out of the Israel/Palestine conversation, as I can understand the broad-stroke feelings on both sides, and I'm not knowledgeable enough on the matter to think I have an opinion either that's valid, nor would stand up to being challenged. Unlike the overwhelming majority of posters on this site, I actually know when I don't know enough to have a valid opinion on a subject. I stick with the subjects I have knowledge of.

-1 ( +4 / -5 )

Joe Biden could be throwing darts into photos of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu placed strategically around the walls in the oval office.

It is now far to late in the day to call for ceasefires, Benjamin Netanyahu could well be about to expand this war into Lebanon, and more strikes on Iranian targets in Syria.

With the missiles, god know what else, all supplied by US/UK, I have been reading reports that UK has agreed a $50/100 million munitions contract.

The histrionics are yesterdays fish and chip wrappings.

The reality needs strong leadership.

From a US President that will either stand up to Benjamin Netanyahu, or else continue to play a political game, fiddle as Gaza and soon the whole middle east burns.

0 ( +2 / -2 )

This means Israel and US consulates are now fair game.

Always have been.

2 ( +4 / -2 )

But sadly for you during much of the last 2000 year Iran

I like how you admit in the first sentence that Iran has in fact been around for 2000 years. Thanks for agreeing with me

But sadly for you during much of the last 2000 year Iran spent most of it's time fighting of the Romans/ Byzantines, Islamic Arab invasion and occupation, the Turkic tribes, mamluks, Mongols etc..

Yes, and committing its fair share of atrocities against those groups.

You do realize you need to keep reading past the introduction?

Okay I will

“The Medes unified Iran as a nation and empire in 625 BC.[3] The Achaemenid Empire (550–330 BC), founded by Cyrus the Great, ruled from the Balkans to North Africa and also Central Asia, spanning three continents, from their seat of power in Persis (Persepolis). It was the largest empire yet seen.[4] They were succeeded by the Seleucid, Parthian, and Sasanian Empires, who successively governed Iran for almost 1,000 years and made Iran once again a leading power in the world. Persia's arch-rival was the Roman Empire and its successor, the Byzantine Empire.”

Wow it looks like I’m right, yet again.

-2 ( +4 / -6 )

JboneInTheZone

Today 10:27 am JST

Well according to the USA and Israel, we can go back 2000 years.

> Remember the claim by Israel is the Palestinian land is theirs because the Romans kicked them out 2000 years ago!

> Yes. And in that 2000 year history Israel and America didn’t exist while Iran and was committing atrocities across the region. Thanks again for proving my point.

Can you provide examples of Persia/Iran invading others during the past 2000 year and by 2000 years I mean you need to provide multiple as you claim and over that period!

I know of just one and even that one wasn't exactly Persia/Iran but it's outside rulers!

But hey you sound so sure of your statement, you must have at least dozens, right?

We await your list!

-4 ( +2 / -6 )

It is now far to late in the day to call for ceasefires, Benjamin Netanyahu could well be about to expand this war into Lebanon, and more strikes on Iranian targets in Syria.

There is and has already been a war in Syria.

Over 500,000 civilians dead--but you and many others here are not outraged of course because Israel was not involved.

-8 ( +2 / -10 )

Can you provide examples of Persia/Iran invading others during the past 2000 year and by 2000 years I mean you need to provide multiple as you claim and over that period!

“The Medes unified Iran as a nation and empire in 625 BC.[3] The Achaemenid Empire (550–330 BC), founded by Cyrus the Great, ruled from the Balkans to North Africa and also Central Asia, spanning three continents, from their seat of power in Persis (Persepolis).”

Do you think an Empire spans 3 continents without invading others?

0 ( +4 / -4 )

First off, remember that while American military doctrine never prepared it for fighting an industrialized, technically advanced, self sufficient, and well connected country (which despite the myths, space capable BRICS member Iran is) let alone doing so after having emptied out almost all of its stockpiles of ammunition and weapons. On the other hand, Iran's military doctrine has been preparing it to fight the US directly, without assistance or allies basically since the end of the 'imposed war', so, yes, Iran IS prepared for a war with the US and the rest of the White Bloc, but America is nowhere near prepared to fight the Iran that exists today.

And between the IGF, the Azovs, and the remnants of DAESH, the US is supporting multiple terrorist organizations an order of magnitude worse than the ME equivalent of the ANC (Hamas), the Iraqi version of the French Resistance, the actual government of Yemen etc (and its tactics and extremist ideology that makes for a terrorist organization, not whether the White Bloc doesn't like a resistance group enough they slap a terrorist designation on them, something that the ANC fully demonstrated)

-4 ( +0 / -4 )

JboneInTheZone

Today 11:11 am JST

Wow it looks like I’m right, yet again

Not unless you and the rest of the world have a different view of time.

Let me again point out your claim!

Yes. And in that 2000 year history Israel and America didn’t exist while Iran and was committing atrocities across the region

And then your examples are all from BCE not CE (AC).

Amazing!

-3 ( +2 / -5 )

I am fully behind the right for Israel people, jews to exist, the 7th October atrocities, the taking of hostages is a crime against humanity.

What has followed, a war, has devastated Gaza, and probably sealed the future or fate of any Palestinian homeland.

However what is emerging is far more concerning than eradication of Hamas.

Hamas has been defeated, Gaza is in ruins, north and south its people staving to death.

UN must call for Hamas to lay down arms, in essence agree terms.

Benjamin Netanyahu government the IDF are fully aware that Hamas is defeated.

Netanyahu is holding back, at present from a full ground incursion into Rafah.

And taking this war to Hezbollah. Iran.

1 ( +2 / -1 )

Z, international law does prohibit violating the airspace of a sovereign country to stage an act of war against that country's ally.

It also prohibits acts of war against a country that you are not at war with (no declared state of war exists between Iran and Israel) which includes a military attack on the sovereign soil of that country, even if that soil is the island of territory within the borders of another country an officially recognized embassy represents.

-2 ( +3 / -5 )

Is that not okay now?

Hehe! A familiar theme with that fellow I'm afraid.

Every atrocity has to be the cause of America. Start with that and find a way to make it so.

No serious historian could make a living with such a childish loathing of one particular nation.

4 ( +5 / -1 )

JboneInTheZone

Today 11:28 am JST

So instead of actually engaging with anything you’re going to be pedantic about the difference between 2000 and 3000 years? I accept your concession

You made the 2000 year claim, not me!

So back up your claims!

-4 ( +2 / -6 )

JboneInTheZone

Today 11:33 am JST

Bravo you found the only I was hinting at!

Took you long enough!

But it still shows you knew nothing about what you were claiming and you made the claim without knowing facts!

-5 ( +1 / -6 )

OK Zibala...I aim to please.

The 1961 Convention on Consular Relations and the 1963 Convention on Consular Relations speak mainly of an Embassy attack by the host nation , not by a third nation {Israel in this case }

However ,Aurel Sari, Professor at Exeter University says, an attack against the territorial integrity of another state {Iran Embassy, in this case }contravenes Article 2 {4} of the United Nations Charter.

Embassies are a protected space, in short.

And note I at least name law and charter in my reply.

If you can find the International Law OK''ing embassy attacks...do share.

Shalom

3 ( +6 / -3 )

Bravo you found the only I was hinting at!

Took you long enough!

But it still shows you knew nothing about what you were claiming and you made the claim without knowing facts!

How would I not know the facts if I just literally posted them? Watching you try to squirm out of this hole you’ve dug yourself into is really funny. You have no arguments

-1 ( +5 / -6 )

Who thinks that an armed group credibly labeled as having committed war crimes and crimes against humanity meets their definition of a terrorist group, and who thinks that simply being labeled as a terrorist group by the US and the minority of countries in the US Axis is the sole criteria for being a terrorist organization?

Keep in mind that amongst those the US Axis labeled as a terrorist group was the ANC

-4 ( +1 / -5 )

zibala

Over 500,000 civilians dead--but you and many others here are not outraged of course because Israel was not involved.

New boy on the block.

There have been numerous posts and comments on Syria.

5 ( +7 / -2 )

Well, they're supporting Israel in everything they're doing, so it is inevitable the US will be pulled in.

Biden is going to screw this up. Give it time

Don't worry. You will have Trump next year to screw things even harder.

-1 ( +3 / -4 )

Articles, Offers & Useful Resources

A mix of what's trending on our other sites