How will they track shots if there is no reservation? Will they still require the coupons? What if the person needs a travel certificate? How will they stop people from getting the shot before the 3 weeks.
Like always, they'll get on that when the actual problem occurs. They have too much going on to think about 'what if's'....
-1 ( +1 / -2 )
I would have put this comment in the article pointing out that half of the population has received 1 jab. The article doesn't break down what part of the population has been vaccinated. According to NHK only 10M people under the age of 64 have had 1 shot. That is a paltry 8% of the total population, of which age group are the most active, and out and about. The other 92% are the ones all commuting on crowded trains, at coffee shops, dining out, thinking they are 'safe' since they are young. This group also includes the most hesitant to get a shot. Without more testing, it is these people that have a false sense of 'I'm OK', (carriers with no symptoms), that continue to go out....
1 ( +4 / -3 )
Good to see that they cleaned up the barge this time!
17 ( +17 / -0 )
Olympic Minister states: the Olympics should be held "at any cost" The cost estimates have recently been estimated between double and triple the original $7 Billion used for the bid to get the Olympics to Tokyo... Who will pay for the final 'at any cost'??? Hashimoto-san?
6 ( +7 / -1 )
Read somewhere that 44M yen was used to develop this app. In theory it could be useful but if positive test patients don’t register, (only 27 people that tested positive have registered themselves). Complete waste of time folks unless all positive cases are entered.
5 ( +5 / -0 )
On NHK: Tokyo just announced 'only' 9 new cases today. But of course they did not mention that the number of tests conducted over May 11-13 in Tokyo; 10, 10, 17 for a total of 37!!! So if the results take 2 days from submission, 9 positive cases out of 10 tests!
8 ( +12 / -4 )
This needs to be 10,000 tests a day, just in Tokyo alone!
0 ( +7 / -7 )
One way to get the number of cases way down per 100,000 in Tokyo:
May 11: 15
May 12: 28
May 13: 10
May 14: 30
Number of tests done in Tokyo:
May 10: 28
May 11: 10
May 12: 10
May 13: 17
Amazing that a city of 14 million is conducting only 65 tests over 4 days....
0 ( +3 / -3 )