JoelR comments

Posted in: Global warming opens up Arctic for undersea cable See in context

hmmm have they talked to Canada yet about using the northwest passage? I mean since it is Canadian water all the way? The US has a Terrority dispute about it with Canada because they don't want it to be controlled by the Government of Canada but since it is within 200km of Canadian islands on both sides of the passage it would be hard to say it isn't Canadian Territory. That means since it is traveling through Canadian Territory it could be subject to Canadian Electronic Transfer tariffs.

0 ( +0 / -0 )

Posted in: Tracing meat - Japan has the right idea See in context

Interesting talking about traceability and saying Canada can't do it.. we have the same system of tags assigned at birth and we can track cattle all the way to the market - the only difference is that it is not put on the label for consumers (otoh CFIA can find out all the details instantly.) in fact in the last year we switched from ear tags with code numbers to rfid which can be read by remote readers even because ear tags have to be manually handled. When calves are born they are ssigned a ear tag with the number and a rfid chip, when this animal is moved it is recorded for the CFIA. when it is slaughtered it is recorded by the CFIA ... when it is shipped out to stores the packers must keep track of this information for the CFIA.

0 ( +0 / -0 )

Posted in: Do you think it is a good idea to have armed guards on planes as an anti-terrorism measure? See in context

As long as the guards are trustworthy.. Unfortunately that has not been true in many cases lately

0 ( +0 / -0 )

Posted in: Canadian PM dines on seal meat See in context

might I suggest reading: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12240525

the hakapik is very humane in 98% of all cases... the remaining 2% are why the government watches sealers (as per the dfo document)

0 ( +0 / -0 )

Posted in: Canadian PM dines on seal meat See in context

obviously Damien15 you don't do your own research..... Seal Clubbing is not a manner that seals are hunted in the normal course of seal hunting. Hakapiks are used yes... but they are single blow weapons meant to put down seals quickly usually after someone missed with the proper weapon.

http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/seal-phoque/faq-eng.htm

0 ( +0 / -0 )

Posted in: 2 German nurses, S Korean teacher killed in Yemen See in context

Why go there? Well I think it was obvious. They went to Yemen to help out, Doctors and Nurses to help with health care in the tribal regions. They were being good citizens of the world. Their acts of kindness mitigate the threat of terrorism 1000% more effectively then anything an army can do. They are winning the hearts and minds of the people.

0 ( +0 / -0 )

Posted in: Video game industry bucks downturn in U.S. See in context

IWF.... fine with me as well. As a game designer - the more sales the better!

0 ( +0 / -0 )

Posted in: Stroke-blocking device shows promise, doctors say See in context

As with all surgical procedures the success rate will climb with time... A Fix like this is way better then an unpredictable drug which has been know to have strange interactions with other meds and foods. Short term... drug therapy ... long term this procedure.

0 ( +0 / -0 )

Posted in: Sex on the first date: Good idea or not? See in context

Really... No. Its not a good idea. 1) You dont know about this person - especially their sexual history 2) Sex != Romance 3) Physical Intimacy is usually better suited after a Romantic Intimacy

aka... first date sex is just whoring ... what diseases you get and what emotional attachment you develop has nothing to do with your connection to the person

0 ( +0 / -0 )

Recent Comments

Popular

Articles, Offers & Useful Resources

A mix of what's trending on our other sites


©2020 GPlusMedia Inc.