kennyG comments

Posted in: Saitama officially forbids walking up and down escalators See in context

I am curious as to what the penalty could possibly be for not following this pointless waste of public money ordinance. Because a penalty for bullying and telling a person to kill themselves on-line was just 9.000 yen so in this case 1 yen?

How exactly would public money be wasted by this ordinance?

Are the police going to arrest someone who moves on the escalator?

Of course not. But this gives every/good reason for ordinary people to take actions to stop them just like when you can't help complaining to those smoking anywhere they want.

0 ( +0 / -0 )

Posted in: Saitama officially forbids walking up and down escalators See in context

Those making a fuss about this local ordinance, probably wish to smoke anywhere, throw garbage anywhere, drink anywhere, drive either right or left whichever you like. JUST USE STAIRS or leave Saitama。

1 ( +5 / -4 )

Posted in: Japan complains over U.S. military's use of term 'East Sea' See in context

Of course, I forgot about their south sea. They also referred to East China Sea by calling it South Sea. The entire world has been calling the ocean East China Sea. It has not been any problem AT ALL to these people.

Even small kids would ask them WHY?

3 ( +3 / -0 )

Posted in: Japan complains over U.S. military's use of term 'East Sea' See in context

Of course, I forgot they also referred to East China Sea by calling it South Sea. Although the entire world calls the ocean as it is, it is not any problem AT ALL from this point of view.

2 ( +2 / -0 )

Posted in: S Korea court to rule on 'comfort women' suit against Japan in April See in context

@SJ

What would you say about Chong Dae Hyup, Yoon Mi-Hyang, Lee Yong-soo?

1 ( +2 / -1 )

Posted in: Japan complains over U.S. military's use of term 'East Sea' See in context

Koreans historically just referred to mere coastal areas to the east by East Sea( note No definite article should be attached ) and the ones to the west (West Sea). Koreans' recognition of it's own territory's been historically only up to 130°56East=east edge of Ulleungdo (not to mention, that doesn't reach to Takeshima which is 131°52East.)

Basically they never made such a big fuss about internationally recognized official name given to the ocean off the coast up to now. Needless to say, They have never made a big fuss about the naming Yellow Sea, never tried to change it to WEST SEA even a bit. Double standard

2 ( +2 / -0 )

Posted in: S Korea court to rule on 'comfort women' suit against Japan in April See in context

The entire world has been fooled by these crooks, Chong Dae Hyup , Lee Mee-Hyang and those symbols of fake victims like Lee Yong-Soo, Kil Wong-ok, and other Chong Dae Hyup puppets. Thy all deserve imprisonment for the rest of their lives regardless how old they are now. That is the justice South Korea should pursue

10 ( +15 / -5 )

Posted in: S Korea court to rule on 'comfort women' suit against Japan in April See in context

This is also well known fact that 9 plaintiffs out of total 20 for this judgement on 4/21 have already received money from the 2015 CW agreement fund. It is just like not a few self-proclaimed victims received money both from Asian Women fund and the South Korean government. South Korean government has never disclosed the method of fact-finding/certification, and Chong Dae Hyup has always obstructed Japan from it's own fact-finding efforts. This is the reality of Korean Justice.

10 ( +15 / -5 )

Posted in: S Korea court to rule on 'comfort women' suit against Japan in April See in context

This time the plaintiffs are Chong Dae Hyup's puppets including Lee Yong-Soo, who are well known already for having been spewing lies all the time for these 30 years. Nonetheless Seoul central district courts, like the last time, would spend no time for facts-findings and keep disgracing the entire country in public. There's no fundamental difference in it's insanity btw North and South

12 ( +16 / -4 )

Posted in: Harvard professor ignites uproar over Korean sex slave claims See in context

I leave some good reading for those who are interested in ever-lasting debates with at least fair sense of judgements. the 1st one is the most recommended but unfortunately it is in Japanese.

http://harc.tokyo/?p=1921

http://harc.tokyo/en/?p=152

Don't be like Alexis Dudden and Co., or all those stupid emotional self-proclaimed scholars who immediately reject any opinions outright if those are from what they judge as Japanese far-rights.

The contents do matters.

-4 ( +2 / -6 )

Posted in: Harvard professor ignites uproar over Korean sex slave claims See in context

SINCERE

-3 ( +2 / -5 )

Posted in: Harvard professor ignites uproar over Korean sex slave claims See in context

Kim Bok-dong was 14 years old when she was forced to be a sex slave.

She was one of many young women who were forced into sexual slavery by the Japanese military; a military that systematically recruited girls between the ages of 10 to 18 years of age from colonized and occupied countries from the 1930s until the end of World War II. From age 14, she was imprisoned in comfort stations for eight years across different countries in Asia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Bok-dong

So? Your proof is English Wiki? Give us all a break. Go and check how those brave Korean professors calling Kim Bok-dong and their proofs why they call her as such

-9 ( +5 / -14 )

Posted in: Harvard professor ignites uproar over Korean sex slave claims See in context

So Ram and I am talking about the cases of Korean women. How come those Korean women kept serving Japanese before 1945 and US/UN Korean troops after 1945. This is not whataboutery but the essence of this Korean comfort women issue and their fake narratives.

-3 ( +6 / -9 )

Posted in: Harvard professor ignites uproar over Korean sex slave claims See in context

Not sure who you are talking about, I haven't done anything but specifically criticize Ramseyer's paper here, which is all I care about in this context.

I am NOT trying to get into the bigger political debate between Japan and Korea about responsibility for the comfort women issue, but just to be clear: frankly I find both sides obnoxious. On the Korean side the politics of it is just plain ugly and there is a political movement that will continually bash Japan over it no matter what Japan does. And they also use it to silence historians who dare to mention the fact that Koreans were also involved in trafficking women, etc. But on the other side, the denialist position in Japan is also ugly. The evidence is pretty clear that the Japanese military was involved and this was a very horrible crime committed against a huge number of women. Pretending that didn't happen, or all these women were willing prostitutes is just plain wrong.

That said, the only thing I have been talking about here are the problems with Ramseyer's paper. Its a bad law paper. I say this as an academic in a related field. Its just bad on numerous levels. That is INDEPENDENT of whatever one thinks of the political debate between Japan and Korea about this issue.

> Not to worry. Prof.Ramseyer is now working on another paper to refute all those counteraruguments from non-logical, emotional academia ure who you are talking about, I haven't done anything but specifically criticize Ramseyer's paper here, which is all I care about in this context.

> I am NOT trying to get into the bigger political debate between Japan and Korea about responsibility for the comfort women issue, but just to be clear: frankly I find both sides obnoxious. On the Korean side the politics of it is just plain ugly and there is a political movement that will continually bash Japan over it no matter what Japan does. And they also use it to silence historians who dare to mention the fact that Koreans were also involved in trafficking women, etc. But on the other side, the denialist position in Japan is also ugly. The evidence is pretty clear that the Japanese military was involved and this was a very horrible crime committed against a huge number of women. Pretending that didn't happen, or all these women were willing prostitutes is just plain wrong.

> That said, the only thing I have been talking about here are the problems with Ramseyer's paper. Its a bad law paper. I say this as an academic in a related field. Its just bad on numerous levels. That is INDEPENDENT of whatever one thinks of the political debate between Japan and Korea about this issue.

Not worry. Prof.Ramseyer is now working on another paper to refute all those counterarguments from non-logical, emotional scholars where he would surely be provided with actual proofs for Korean contracts did exist.

-9 ( +4 / -13 )

Posted in: Harvard professor ignites uproar over Korean sex slave claims See in context

Would you like another proof the contracts did exist, by a brave Korean professor.

again google translate for those who don't read Korean

http://www.pennmike.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=41590

-4 ( +4 / -8 )

Posted in: Harvard professor ignites uproar over Korean sex slave claims See in context

rainydayToday  11:46 am JST

https://twitter.com/mdmd_ikeru/status/1365737707641528320/photo/1

https://twitter.com/mdmd_ikeru/status/1365737707641528320/photo/2

So?

So What? Her case was quoted as backgrounds of prostitutions history in Japan and Korea. She was not even a comfort woman contracting for sex during pacific war. And she knew what she would have to do but just didn't have actual experience and got shocked at her first experience. That's the fact

-4 ( +5 / -9 )

Posted in: Harvard professor ignites uproar over Korean sex slave claims See in context

Well, his paper says there was no government involvement in the comfort women system. That system used women from a lot of different countries, yet he only cites the Korean example as proof of his point, so the fact that he ommitted discussing these other cases is relevant to whether his conclusion is correct or not.

Yeah Yeah mixing up Korean cases with all other individual war/sex crimes under one big fake narrative is your and their usual practice. and yet keep denouncing whataboutery of those individual war/sex crimes.

-5 ( +4 / -9 )

Posted in: Harvard professor ignites uproar over Korean sex slave claims See in context

So? She was TEN YEARS OLD. The argument Ramseyer is making is that a 10 year old could freely make a contract to sell herself into sexual slavery. 10 year old cannot make contracts of ANY SORT, let alone contracts to sell themselves into sexual slavery. Not now, not in the 1940s, not even in the Meiji era.

Also, while I haven't read the original book, I note that historians who have read it would disagree with your characterization of what she actually says, citing quotes by her such as:

 “Although I had some idea of what a prostitute was, no one explained it and we [i.e. the girls who had yet to be initiated as prostitutes] didn’t ask. We didn’t really know anything.”

and

“After our first night, we were terrified. We hadn’t realized this was what men and women did. It was so horrible, we could hardly believe it.”

Putting that aside though, the idea that in 2021 a law scholar is promoting the idea that 10 year olds have the agency to enter into binding contracts for sexual services is outrageous.

> A historian you referring to blocked fatal question about her false-interpretation on her paper and run away.

https://twitter.com/mdmd_ikeru/status/1365737707641528320/photo/1

https://twitter.com/mdmd_ikeru/status/1365737707641528320/photo/2

-6 ( +3 / -9 )

Posted in: Harvard professor ignites uproar over Korean sex slave claims See in context

Seems lazy people here so interested in whether the contract ( written contract) did really exist or not.

Here Try to read Korean or Korean to English google translate works pretty good, even better from E to Japanese.

https://www.mediawatch.kr/news/article.html?no=255407

-6 ( +3 / -9 )

Posted in: Harvard professor ignites uproar over Korean sex slave claims See in context

His paper was about the comfort women from Imperial Japan, specifically focusing on Korean women but those crooks and supporting academia mixing the cases with others like the individual war/sex crimes in Indonesia to paint all the cases in one colour.

The contracts did exist by the form of paper contract. However just because Ramseyer could not find them, it doesn't mean the contracts did not exist. Besides, different from Western world, Contractual agreement didn't always come with western style written agreement.

It is not Whataboutery. People should answer IF it is IJA or Japanese as the sole evil, how come those Korean comfort women under the same naming Ian-fu kept serving US/UN/Korean soldiers through 1945.

-8 ( +10 / -18 )

Posted in: Harvard professor ignites uproar over Korean sex slave claims See in context

Of course, you didn't read THAT Book at all. The book clearly pointed that she already knew what those women were expected to do for the job at the age of 10 and FYI, she did not start it at the age of 10.

It isn’t a book, it is a research paper that is less than 10 pages long, so obviously you haven’t read it, but by all means keep telling me about all the mistakes I made in reading the paper you haven’t read.

I did read the paper and you did not read the book the professor refereed to, which clearly states the girl knew it.

-4 ( +9 / -13 )

Posted in: Harvard professor ignites uproar over Korean sex slave claims See in context

So when do people in South Korea and in the world realize they have been all fooled by these crooks like

Chong Dae Hyup and ad-towers like Lee Yong-Soo. It is just hard to believe.

-3 ( +11 / -14 )

Posted in: Harvard professor ignites uproar over Korean sex slave claims See in context

There is literally a part in it where he describes a ten year old girl being dragooned into a horrifying life of indentured sexual servitude as a positive story of her negotiating a contract of employment. A TEN YEAR OLD girl.

Of course, you didn't read THAT Book at all. The book clearly pointed that she already knew what those women were expected to do for the job at the age of 10 and FYI, she did not start it at the age of 10.

-3 ( +10 / -13 )

Posted in: Japan renews claim on South Korea-held island See in context

They can renew any claims they want, the fact still remains Dokdo still is lived on, administered, and owned by South Korea. PERIOD.

Alan Harrison: "When it comes to local disagreements regarding islands around Japan, many commenters keep referring to "international law". I think what they really mean is Japans version of international law."

Spot on. Because they keep saying, "Well... shucks... why doesn't SK go to the ICJ, as Japan has asked, to prove it's there's?" and then they turn around if the same is suggested for the island dispute with China and say, "Well, Japan doesn't need to go the ICJ because we know the islands are ours! There is no dispute!"

Well, likewise, SK sees no dispute, which makes sense. The islands are theirs, it's fact, and so they have no more need to entertain the idea there's a dispute than if you sat across the street from my house and claimed my car is yours and we should go to court over it.

Go and tell all those Korean lunatics to stop complaining about 36 years of Japanese days then.

11 ( +12 / -1 )

Posted in: Japan renews claim on South Korea-held island See in context

 It assumed Dokdo was part of Japan because Japan had annexed the island in 1905.

And Imperial Korea said absolutely nothing about such annexation in 1905. Don't bother bringing up

things like it was under Imperial Japan already. Imperial Korea had all the rights to claim for it's territory if it believed the rocks belonged to it, as all they had lost then was it's diplomacy rights.

11 ( +12 / -1 )

Posted in: Japan renews claim on South Korea-held island See in context

itsonlyrocknrollToday  06:28 pm JST

Let’s not be churlish, the idiom possession is nine-tenths of the law, rings true.

The Government of South Korea is not likely to subject or risk agreeing to any ICJ adjudication.

That would be open to the accusation, politically, that the Government of Japan has due cause.

There is a more rudimentary political principal at sake, the underlying reasoning for this posturing.

Both Governments must play out the same brutal, historic intolerant conflict without end or reason.

An open wound that scabs still have been picked, and will continue to be, for centuries to come.

Even in the midst of a pandemic.

0( +0 / -0 )

> billygonzoidToday  06:13 pm JST

Also worth noting that Korea wasn't a signatory to the San Francisco Treaty. The two Koreas were busy fighting each other over their own territory at the time....

0( +0 / -0 )

> billygonzoidToday  06:07 pm JST

Why should Korea trust the ICJ? These international entities sound grand, but there's no guarantee of impartiality. It's possible the judges there have there own personal reasons for siding with America (bigger world influence than Korea) and Japan (bigger world influence than Korea). And it was America's fault that Dokdo didn't revert to Korea in the Treaty of San Francisco. It assumed Dokdo was part of Japan because Japan had annexed the island in 1905. There is a book that everyone posting here should read (although it might be difficult to find): 'Territorial Issue Between Japan and Korea - Case of Takeshima/ Dokdo.' This was written by Seichu Naito, a graduate of Kyoto University and Professor Emeritus of Shimane University. It's a fairly neutral book, but was written to show the weak points of Japan's case. Take, for example, this:

"It is noteworthy that in the first draft of March 20, 1947 through the fifth draft of November 2, 1949, Takeshima/ Dokdo was on the list of specific islands to be renounced by Japan" in the San Francisco Peace Treaty. America, as usual, didn't have a clue what it was doing.

Like WHO siding with China?

Superb! Then how come South Korea's been stressing "This is THE International Consensus"?

So much for the reasoning to bash what you call revisionism

12 ( +12 / -0 )

Posted in: Japan renews claim on South Korea-held island See in context

I do not have time to dispute all of his claims, but just one thing on the topic. The professor alludes that the 3rd island called 'Seokdo (stone island)' could exist south off Ulleung island (starting at 26 min at the video clip), but there are only 2 islands off Ulleung island: Jukdo and Dokdo.

The inaccurate distances on the old maps in the standards of the modern GPS can not justify his argument. Indeed, Seokdo (stone island) denoted Dokdo. The professor just tries to negate it with his ambiguous knowledge of linguistics which was not even his study area. To justify his own claim, he has to show any map of the 3rd island, but he can not. He seems to be ignorant of geology and geography. Look at the google map or other geomorphological profiles to realize that the 3rd island, whatever it is called, can not exist there. The area is a deep ocean, not a shallow coastal area.

Please take your time and watch the video again and again because you're completely misunderstanding his claim, rather then posting here with inaccurate knowledge.

15 ( +15 / -0 )

Posted in: Japan renews claim on South Korea-held island See in context

MOFA site SJ linked already explains Takeshima is used to be called Matsushima and for those who understand Korean/Japanese, this Korean professor also explains pretty well about Takeshima

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEgp-dOrEQM

13 ( +13 / -0 )

Posted in: Japan renews claim on South Korea-held island See in context

Both countries claim the island has been their own historically and under international law. How could one understand this?

Don't you realize it yet? SJ and SK 've been piling up lies over lies and deceiving not only the people in SK but also the entire world.

15 ( +19 / -4 )

Posted in: S Korean sex slave survivor wants U.N. court judgment See in context

Why people here and there in the world are being swayed by this Lee Yong Soo who's been kept lying in front of UN Special Rapporteur Radhika Coomaraswamy, US House Committee, San Francisco City Council, South Korean central district court. Her constantly changing false testimonies are crimes considering the publicness of the occasions, and impacts on what international society ended up forming the false consensus.

And there's no reason mods of JT erase my post without mentioning any reason unless JT itself trying to hide inconvenient truths. Lee Yong Soo is just a accomplice with Chong Dae Hyup which coached all those women to testify as it wants. Lee Yong Soo herself admitted "I just spoke as they told me to say so" and complained " But Chong Dae Hyup doesn't protect me when people calls me a liar"

As a matter of fact, Several Korean professors filed charge against Lee Yong Soo and one more self-proclaimed victim and Chong Dae hyup at the end of last month in Seoul.

Those who blindly believe in Korean fake narratives should really wake up.

http://www.sdh-fact.com/essay-article/1627/

http://www.sdh-fact.com/opinion-article/1555/

https://thediplomat.com/2021/02/south-koreas-dubious-comfort-women-ruling/

4 ( +7 / -3 )

Articles, Offers & Useful Resources

A mix of what's trending on our other sites


©2021 GPlusMedia Inc.