It was a ridiculous idea to begin with. I want to meet these investors who heard the pitch and said, "Wow, this is great! I'll give you a few hundred million dollars. Bernie, get me the checkbook!"
They got into the pockets of investors for $1.7 billion.
0 ( +0 / -0 )
I don't think I have the stomach to watch it. I'm sick to death of watching and listening to Trump and this whole Trump nightmare.
0 ( +2 / -2 )
So, wait. We should wear a mask, keep some distance from others and wash our hands often?
That's the first I've heard of this...
3 ( +3 / -0 )
The water is not radioactive. It is contaminated with radioactive particles.
0 ( +5 / -5 )
I don't think I would call that countermeasures. I would call it Covid-19 theater.
18 ( +20 / -2 )
Well, there are some who love him.
I would never have believed that a draft dodging, NY city slicker, carnival huckster would be the darling of the American flag waving, country music loving, pickup truck crowd.
Just goes to show you the power of stupid people in large groups.
26 ( +36 / -10 )
Expatriates and other long-term residents will still need to stay in quarantine for 14 days, they said.
Here, let me translate this part of the article for context:
Expatriates and other long-term residents are not now, nor will they ever be, welcome in Japan, they said.
0 ( +2 / -2 )
Experience? I think there are few Kiwis who want to work so hard for such little pay...
1 ( +1 / -0 )
It's pretty darn scary to know that he could still win the election. He's setting up for a Supreme Court battle to throw out all mailed ballots. He just dismissed today all of the US Post Office police. Yes, there is a post office police force who patrol mail facilities and trucks offloading and loading to ensure integrity of the mail. He dismissed them today so he can claim that ballots were stolen or lost since no one protects them (now). Remember that I said this later...
15 ( +18 / -3 )
Here is some simple arithmetic for Raw Beer and those of like mind. There are 330 million people in the United States...
I'd say the problem lies in the numbers. The US average IQ of 98 versus 108 for Hong Kong, Singapore, 105 for China, Japan, Korea, and staying above 101 for Taiwan, Iceland, Switzerland, blah, blah, blah...
So at an average IQ of 98 and a population of 330,000,000, the US has almost 90,000,000 people below 90 IQ.
That's a lot of people who don't understand stuff very well. And how some people get elected . . .
Oh, and 65% of Americans say that they are above average IQ. And apparently 85% think that they are above average drivers.
This supports the findings that the US is ranked 38th in math.
5 ( +6 / -1 )
So Japan is embracing and selling military equipment to a communist country now?
2 ( +2 / -0 )
I'm all for wearing masks when I go the supermarket, but wearing a mask on the golf course, outdoors and away from people, has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.
0 ( +2 / -2 )
-16 ( +3 / -19 )
Why not send the US troops in Japan to The Philippines or South Korea and let them pay? Or build bases in Vietnam? Oh, wait...
0 ( +1 / -1 )
For those with objections and sarcastic comments, please share your solution. Keep building water tanks for the next 40 years? Then what?
0 ( +3 / -3 )
Sub aside, rising sun flag? Come on! Give me a break.
Okay, I'll give you a break along with some knowledge. It's not the Japanese Imperial rising sun flag from the war.
It's the JNSDF naval ensign and has been in use since 1954. It's used by Asahi Brewery, The Asahi Shimbun, anime, manga and almost all festivals.
There, now you learned something today.
No country objected to the adoption of the new ensign or to Japanese naval vessels flying it until a Korean soccer player was emotionally triggered by seeing it in the stands in 2011 and the national Korean mass freakout started after that.
5 ( +5 / -0 )
If all of the Diet members were nonregular, things would change in a heartbeat.
7 ( +8 / -1 )
I've used iPhones starting one year after the first model was introduced. I'm done. I hated that the Japanese ones were locked. This gives me an excuse to get a new number too so I can choose who I want to talk to now...
7 ( +8 / -1 )
Is this the new iObsolescence model phone?
Great, now the battery in my year old iPhone will start losing charge after an update until it only works for 20 minutes. And this new and improved model comes with no charger or earphones.
4 ( +11 / -7 )
You think this is something? Wait until the casinos are up and going...
19 ( +19 / -0 )
As soon as he left, it was a given on JT that it would become a movie.
4 ( +4 / -0 )
Oh, and Kanye West's clothes and shoes are made in China...
1 ( +1 / -0 )
...with China taking our jobs...
China didn't take anyone's job. American companies went to China to cut manufacturing costs while maintaining high pricing, resulting in decades of extraordinary profits and executive bonuses. American companies didn't give a hoot about American jobs. And they still don't.
American business executives created billionaires in China and billionaires in the US by sending jobs to China.
The American collective economic ignorance is staggering.
Go look at Trump hotels as an example. Everything in the rooms is made in China. All of Ivanka's clothing line is made in China. All of Trumps clothes/ties he tried to sell were made in China.
Put the blame where it deserves.
1 ( +2 / -1 )
I'm happy to see all of his supporters not wearing masks, standing shoulder-to-shoulder. Maybe they can hug and kiss? Spread the Trump love around to you and yours.
8 ( +10 / -2 )
Here are the 10 propaganda tricks used by Hitler:
1. Appeal to the fears and hatreds of a constituency that feels they are being wronged or marginalized by the governmental powers that be.
2. Harken back to the days of historical pride. In his speeches, Hitler shouted that Germany was once a great and powerful nation. And was in fact winning World War I, until weak politicians and cowardly generals gave up and surrendered their country to the Allies of Britain, France and Russia. Only the Nazis could make Germany great once again.
3. Portray yourself as an Outsider, as the only one who can unite the troubled nation and fix the country’s many problems. Play upon a divided parties of government.Use contemporary advertising techniques to convey your messages over and over again to the public. Hitler and Goebbels expertly used radio, movies, posters and pamphlets to flood Germany with their Fascist message. Repetitive propaganda delivers a kind of feedback loop, each cycle reinforcing the one before.
5. Repeat lies often enough and the people will believe they are true. Lie about people, parties, countries, even religions. Facts that do not support the narrative are deemed ‘Fake’ and even unpatriotic or subversive.
6. Intellectuals and journalists were suspected of being Socialists or even worse, Communists! So discredit them as the “elites” Plant distrust with the populace in their own public universities, the Press, even the judiciary … until such time that YOU control them all behind the scenes, from within.
7. Extreme Nationalism resonates with those who see themselves as disenfranchised, even if they technically are middle class. So the demagoguery and totalitarianism of Hitler was ultimately seen as acceptable.
8. Ethics, legitimacy and even religious decency can be ‘Back-burnered’ for the greater cause, sometimes for a generation. So bigotry, racism, xenophobia and sexism were simply ‘an ends to a means’ for the Nazis. Put your Christian values aside. We all think bad thoughts in private, so why not mainstream them and shout it out loud? Or better yet, take to the streets and act upon them!
9. You need a Scapegoat to rally against. People who don’t look, think or pray like us. A particular race, religion, or faction who are the root cause of all the problems facing hard-working Germans. In Hitler’s case, this was the Jews and migrant Gypsies. Portray them as dangerous, criminal, and even sub-human. After all, who could trust such people? Why risk it? Better to round them all up and deport them!
10. Exploitation of PATRIOTISM was the ultimate ‘ace up the sleeve.’ Hitler spoke with fanatical pride in front of rows of Nazi flags and fanatical cheering crowds. He demanded deference to HIS leadership alone. Paint the opposition an unpatriotic or better yet, Traitors! When blind nationalism rules, it’s then acceptable to employ the last and final step – Violence.
Do these sound familiar?
14 ( +20 / -6 )
It won't be long now until the most popular Internet meme will be Uncle Sam point at Trump saying, "You're fired!"
21 ( +31 / -10 )
I say people should just forget about these fake, money-sucking Olympics completely until a new, non-corrupt version is developed.
2 ( +2 / -0 )
I can hear the voices of American children in the future asking their parents: "What in the heck were you thinking back then?"
10 ( +17 / -7 )
Great. The new guy at the konbini may be a part-time pilot. The road pointy guys (the thousands of guys pointing where you should drive) are transferring their talent from the airport when your plane is parking at the gate.
0 ( +3 / -3 )
Posted in: Trump no fan of Sacha Baron Cohen